By Anonymous - 31/03/2016 23:48 - United States

Today, I took a two-hour bus ride to get to orientation, got stuck a block away because the pedestrian sidewalk was closed, waited half-an-hour for my ride in the rain, when someone called the cops on me for acting suspicious. I got to the interview soaking wet, and they told me they'd rescheduled. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 865
You deserved it 1 339

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Damn OP that's like getting knocked down, then getting kicked while you're down, then that kick knocks you down further, then you get kicked while you're down-er.

Is it weird that I thought of this as a movie montage with 'Cause you had a bad day You're taking one down You sing a sad song just to turn it around' playing.

Comments

You're going to work somewhere a two hour bus ride away from where you live?

Sometimes orientation isn't at the same place you're going to work, if it's a chain they sometimes do lots of different places together.

Also, depending on the size of the city, 2 hours on bus could be nothing. I remember going to college which was an hour and a half, then to work which was another hour, and when I got out, had to spend 3 hours getting home to get maybe 4 hours sleep if I was lucky.

Baron_Kaz 15

You were a block away, you couldn't walk a block??? You waited for half an hour in the rain for a ride when you were a block away? How much do you weigh? And what's with starting the story with "orientation" and ending with "interview"? Fishy!

What a horrid day to go through. I think a hot shower and tea in bed is in order. But on the bright side at least the interview was rescheduled and not cancelled!

The public bus sucks. There is construction going on along my route and to make it worst it's been raining alot lately. I feel your pain.

So I'm confused, was it an interview or orientation? Usually orientation is AFTER you successfully interview.

Junkie_Razor 20

If you were only a block away how did you get stuck? The pedestrian sidewalk shouldn't affect you if you are on a bus and if you're on foot surely there was some way to go around the obstruction.

Because buses have scheduled stops. People have to get off the bus at the stop nearest their destination and walk the rest of the way. Have you never ridden a bus before?

clicker2 10

You were a block away but couldn't get there because the sidewalk was closed? Could you have walked around the block a different way? Walked in the road? I mean, this sounds like a 'got stuck on an escalator' problem.