By Bostonian - 02/12/2009 03:18 - United States

Today, I told my long distance girlfriend I will be coming half way across the country to visit here since I have not seen her in a month, I gave her my flight information so she could pick me up at the airport. She responded with "That's when The Office is on, can you take a cab?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 561
You deserved it 5 757

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Can't blame her? She is used to seeing more action on the TV and turning it on.

well the office kinda rocks so, not saying ydi but hey can't blame your gf either.

Comments

0 3

Hahahaha this is funny to me because one time my friend's brother picked him up at the airport right before the Office came on, then drove like 90mph home so he wouldn't miss it.

dude the office rocks!! I don't blame her lol

Awww... That's sweet of you!!! I would never allow any dear person to take a cab, to and from the airport, if I wasn't working and couldn't change my schedule. I guess the TV can cuddle with your GF at night...

wiggumjr 0

There's a new invention called the VCR or PVR

new invention called the vcr?!?!? are you serious right now??

There are a lot of ways she could see the show another time. The fact that the show is more important than you makes me think she's checking out of the relationship. When was the last time she visited you? Have you ever spent more than weekends, or a one week vacation, together? If she doesn't come to see you as often, and you're the one making all the effort, I say dump her.

i am a college student, and i purposely rescheduled a chemistry exam so i can watch the office. you're obviously a horrible boyfriend who doesnt understand priorities

I don't blame her, The Office is not to be missed. Sure, you could always watch it later, but I still don't blame her. The Office is hilarious, and those who don't think so probably haven't given the show a fair chance, because if you don't know what's going on, you won't know all the inside jokes, so it won't seem funny to you. But if you watch it from the beginning, you'll understand, and if you still don't like it, wow.

Thinking you're more important than the funniest TV show in history? Not a chance, bub. YDI.