By Bostonian - 02/12/2009 03:18 - United States

Today, I told my long distance girlfriend I will be coming half way across the country to visit here since I have not seen her in a month, I gave her my flight information so she could pick me up at the airport. She responded with "That's when The Office is on, can you take a cab?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 561
You deserved it 5 757

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Can't blame her? She is used to seeing more action on the TV and turning it on.

well the office kinda rocks so, not saying ydi but hey can't blame your gf either.

Comments

She's still playing hard to get. Or she's just a bitch. You decide.

this shit will happen again and again and again.........

oooh dear... did ya perhaps tell her shes an ignorant ungrateful mare??

i would have, then used my money to treat myself instead of travel.

I seem to be the only person that noticed this, but from the OP it sounds as if you called her to tell her you were coming AND that you expected her to pick you up. While I do see your side, and honestly I personally agree with you, at the same time I think that maybe you should have given her a bit more leverage. Like maybe ASKING her if you can come and visit and having her help you arrange your flight so that the time period works for her too. While watching TV is a shitty reason, it may just be her way of telling you that she had plans and you weren't respecting that. She may not have even planned to watch the office, but believe me, she will now that she feels that you didn't include her in this decision. She will watch it to spite you.

"My boyfriend's such a dick! He's trying to fly across the country to see me and he didn't even ask me what time I want him to get in so it's easier to pick him up. I'm gonna watch the Office, that'll show him!" At least she's not petty.

Haha, I think she is petty. My point isn't that the intention isn't sweet, the point is that it is merely considered to be kind to include the other person in planning. Wouldn't it be a huge disappointment to her if he planned this as surprise and she had to work every night he'd be in town? I mean there are so many things that can interfere with something that is just set up by one person without actually discussing times with the other person. This wouldn't be an FML at all if she had an actual prior commitment, TV is a lame excuse, but it may just be a way of acting out because she didn't feel included. It's not like I picked my wedding date and reserved the church without asking my fiancee if she had any prior plans. While our wedding was important there are things you can't get out of (or don't want to get out of). I know this isn't something that huge, but with some people they take it in the same way. It just a matter of being considerate of the other person's time and desires.

waterynuggets 0

Well since only so much info can fit in an FML, he could have made plans to visit her when she was free. And then went on to book the flight and when he got a specific time for her to come pick him up, she decided to be a dick and tell him she cannot because a TV show was on. Unless she was joking, which would be pretty funny

Yeah, I hate how FMLs can only be so long. I agree with a limit, but it's hard to fit some of them into the little bit they allow. It'd be funny if she was joking and was sitting at the airport to pick him up. Especially if when they got to her place she'd record the office for them to watch.

I came here to see if anyone picked up on this- I wouldn't miss someone for a TV show, but all the same my first reaction was that informing someone they will be picking you up is just as rude.

sooverit01 0

can she not record this stupid show? obviously you're not very important