By Anonymous - 26/01/2014 00:33 - United States - Durham

Today, I told my friend I would pay him to ask out the ugliest girl he knew. He asked out my girlfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 937
You deserved it 52 923

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You totally deserved it!!! It's rude of you to even make someone do that. What if the girl found out the actual truth as to why your friend asked her out.

Comments

Indianboy9321 25

Your girlfriend didn't deserve that. You're kind of an asshole for asking your friend to do that, and him even more for listening. You could really hurt someone like that.

You really had it coming. I like your friend. YDI

you're a ********! how did you ever manage to get yourself a girlfriend in the first place?

fluffywaspluka 7

Oh, so now it's rude to say someone is ugly? What has this world come to, when the logic is that everyone has to think nice things about everyone?

Thinking and saying are two different things.

gmc_blossom 21

But to purposely ask someone out because you were dared to ask out the ugliest person you know is really rude. Because then the person would find out and have their feelings completely crushed. How would you like it if someone asked you out based solely on the fact they think you're extremely unpleasant to look at?

#30: you don't have to say nice things, just don 't insult or be mean to someone for no reason. How would you feel if it was you???

SuperMew 22

I find nothing wrong with thinking something is ugly or unpleasant. However, it is cruel and mean to go out of your way to humiliate someone. If Op had just been talking with his friend about ugly girls, with no one around to hear, and they never talked about it in front of someone... no harm done. But when you go out of your way to pay someone to humiliate another person? That says something about the sort of person you are.

You don't always control your thoughts, but you DO have control over your actions. Its not okay to be an asshole.

fluffywaspluka 7

#43 They didn't insult anyone though. It was a joke amongst friends.

99- I'm pretty sure if someone found out the only reason they'd been asked out was because of a bet, they'd take it as an insult rather than a "joke amongst friends".

I seriously hope you develop some empathy when you grow up, fluffysomepluka. Using and humiliating someone for your pure amusement, without having any regards for how this person might feel, is pretty bad.

That's what you get for being a **** OP

Yeah he doesn't deserve his girlfriend if he acts this way.

Seeing as you didn't clarify that the ugliness was by looks not personality, I'm surprised he didn't ask you out OP. YDI.

Paying someone to play with a girl`s emotions self-esteem like that is utterly disrespectful. YDI and maybe even more.