By Anonymous - 25/03/2014 02:11 - United States - Pratt

Today, I told my boyfriend the dentist said my blood pressure was high. He was more interested in the fact that the dentist took my blood pressure than my blood pressure being high. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 510
You deserved it 10 721

Same thing different taste

Top comments

michaelaranda 28

To be fair, its never happened to me or anyone I know, so I can relate to his shock.

Well I've never heard of a dentist who takes people's blood pressure either.

Comments

I'm a bit surprised myself. I haven't heard of a dentist (or oral surgeon) taking blood pressure. I don't remember having mine taken even when I had to be sedated for an emergency tooth extraction last year.

CurlyQute 17

I'd do the same, I had no idea dentists did that.

Honestly I stopped to question that, too.. I even re read the first sentence just to be sure. But good luck with the high blood pressure.

That's not really FML the dentist shouldn't really be talking your blood pressure

your boyfriend is very boyfriend-y here. as well as most that don't know this, but dentists & oral surgeons ARE KNOWN to do blood pressure checks on a patient if they will be doing extractions on teeth. few years back I had to have 3 teeth that got busted from seizures pulled because they were broken so bad, the assistant did check my pressure and stated that because it was high they might not be able to pull the teeth that day. in the end they were able to but still--it is NOT as uncommon as people seem to think it is.

To be fair, after I finished reading your first sentence I was also wondering why the dentist took your blood pressure.

icepick23 12

Did the dentist have you remove your shirt? If so, I'm agreeing with your boyfriend on this one.