By Anonymous - 25/03/2014 02:11 - United States - Pratt

Today, I told my boyfriend the dentist said my blood pressure was high. He was more interested in the fact that the dentist took my blood pressure than my blood pressure being high. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 509
You deserved it 10 721

Same thing different taste

Top comments

michaelaranda 28

To be fair, its never happened to me or anyone I know, so I can relate to his shock.

Well I've never heard of a dentist who takes people's blood pressure either.

Comments

zen1979 16

I've never heard of a dentist taking vitals so I be pretty interested in that too

Indianboy9321 25

Maybe he was trying to change the subject or lighten the mood. Either way you shouldn't stress so your blood pressure doesn't rise.

Always one of the "funniest" things about high blood pressure. People get so stressed about having it that it ends up spiking it even more. To be some serious, a single high blood pressure test is nothing to worry about. Especially at a dentists office where people are stressed anyway. God know my blood pressure probably spikes high enough to warrant medication every time I go to the dentist.

Me too! I am sooo terrified of Dentists. I would prefer to suffer in silence.

No, seriously, why did he take your blood pressure?

Very few dentists take BP, but all are taught to. Even assistants are taught. It's important, because no dentist wants someone passing out or even dying (yes, I've seen it happen - it's horrible) in their chair.

No dentist ever took my blood pressure. Why he should do this?

Many reasons. Sedation, other health issues, being put under. It's not like having your blood pressure taken is evasive and time consuming.

No I understand your bf in this case I'm more curious as to why he's taking the blood pressure being a dentist also, high blood pressure isn't exactly terminal you just need to stop eating dalt

As a dental assistant, I've always had to take the patients BP. We wanted to make sure it was at a safe level to go through with the procedures especially when you use lidocaine and such. People will usually ooze more blood when it's high. At least that's my understanding.

bluefrootloops 13

Did you black out after the dentist took your "blood pressure"?

maybe OP is highly overweight and the dentist felt pressured to check her vitals for any health concerns. blood.

to clear the confusion up, some medications, like knock out meds, can have a negative affect on people with high blood pressure. he took it to make sure she would be okay with her medicine. the dentist took my brothers blood pressure when he had teethe pulled.