By Anonymous - 29/03/2012 16:53 - United States - Houston

Today, I thought about how my dad went to get me a Halloween costume and hasn't come home yet. That was 11 years ago. We've moved twice since then. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 724
You deserved it 2 936

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe he got you a ghost costume, and was too excited so he tried it on. Now he can't get it off, and he's been around you the whole time. :o

Today, after slaving for 11 years on the perfect Halloween costume for my beautiful daughter, I come home to find that they have moved. Twice. FML

Comments

alyssabear629 7

Umm maybe it was a nasty divorce and they moved twice to avoid him? The "Halloween costume" could be a cover up.

Maybe he died in a car crash or something. No one seems to be considering that possibility.

75, I was starting to worry that maybe nobody else would pick up on this :P I'm glad you were also able to think outside the square a little and not jump on the "omg he bailed" bandwagon.

That's a terrible thing to do to your kid. How some guys can be such an asshole mystifies me. If I did anything even 1/10th as bad, I would not be able to live with myself.

My heart hurts for you. The last time I saw my dad was when I was 11, I'm 27 now. He's a dead beat. It's very difficult to grow up without a father. I never feel quite right about myself, not having the support of a dad. You aren't alone, there are people out there who have gone through similar things.

141, I think it's more that they already know whether or not he went missing or ran out, its not ambiguous to the OP, they just worded it in a way to suggest the FML is that he isn't around anymore rather than the way in which this came to be.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

That sux. Whenever you feel like this consider using that energy to volunteer for a worthy cause for an hour. You'll feel better.

Inheritance 10

Maybe he's been searching for the perfect one? XD

So, what costume did you end up wearing that year? Maybe as an emo kid? THE FIRST EMO KID!!

Don't worry op, he just went to check on your pet hamster that he gave to that nice farm family when you were in 4th grade.