By ZydecosGirl - 10/05/2013 03:11 - United States - Harrisburg

Today, I started the bleaching treatments that my dentist recommended. Now, my two front teeth have ultra white spots, the rest of my teeth are still yellow and the roof of my mouth is burned. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 987
You deserved it 8 549

Add a comment

You must be logged in to be able to post comments!

Top comments

You know those '4 out of 5' commercials? Yeah, your dentist is the one that didn't agree.

Your profile pic knows what I'm about to do to this comment.

Comments

Ah, well, I think that's your sign to stop using that crap and get a second opinion from another dentist!

Im not sure how expensive bleaching is but professional effects teeth whitening strips work great and are available at many stores.

You know those '4 out of 5' commercials? Yeah, your dentist is the one that didn't agree.

Have you been using bleach ?

Your profile pic knows what I'm about to do to this comment.

I don't believe you're the real Sherlock Holmes...

25 - there were 68 before him

Bleach is actually in most whiteners.. Look at what's in the stuff.

*facepalm* Hydrogen peroxide is in most over the counter whitening kits, not bleach. Read the box! :)

Use baking soda! Takes longer, but it's a lot safer.

It also slowly deteriorates the enamel on your teeth. So it's not really a 'safe' option, tbh.

Maybe use it along with the Pronamel toothpaste? It's supposed to keep enamel from wearing away?

And bleach doesn't?

I'm with you #5. Use a dilute H2O2 rinse too. That's the active ingredient in over the counter whiteners anyways. Yields a healthy white instead of that bleached look. Dentist grade whiteners are going to give you spots on the first couple runs, OP. Sounds like you have a sensitive mouth. Do some independent research and go old fashion.

You should go back to the dentist OP and demand a refund. Try spending it on the whitening mouthwash instead, they're cheaper.

I'm surprised they gave you a home kit, tbh. I used to work at a dentist office's office years ago, and they never recommended a person do teeth bleaching themselves. Most of the home kits either don't work or can cause (like you said) random white spots that are hard to get rid of. In worse case scenarios, you can damage your teeth or gums from using the product incorrectly or for too long.

Most dentists make personal whitening kits for patients to take home now. I don't know what kind of office you've worked for, but every dentist I've worked for has done this. They even take molds and make personalized whitening trays.

My dentist recommended an over-the-counter whitening kit, because professional whitening would work too well and make my natural teeth stand out from all my fillings.

Bugs Bunny, is that you?

That doesn't even make sense.

I think I understand where he got this, but it still doesn't go with this. He's saying the white front teeth made it look like he had buck teeth.

well seems like nothing is going to task right sorry op

White spots are a sign of a fluoride overdose, the whitening gel probably just enhanced it. I would check out the water you're drinking.

Your dentist is evil. And by "your dentist" I mean ALL dentists.