By NotDying - 08/04/2015 12:26 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I started lactating. That would be fine if I had a kid. Or was pregnant. Or wasn't 16. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 721
You deserved it 2 730

NotDying tells us more.

NotDying 4

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. This has actually happened to me a few times before. I have a strange medical condition that affects my hormones, so that is the most likely culprit. I am seeing quite a few doctors, and none of them are very concerned. They have conducted quite a few tests and nothing was too out of the ordinary. I do not have a tumor (thankfully). To #1, I have been told not to express it because that can encourage my body to produce more milk, but that was quite a nice suggestion. I didn't actually know they did that. :) #3 I am actually not on the pill because I reacted badly to it due to my condition. (I had my period for 5 months straight. Yeah, that wasn't very fun) Also, to everyone suggesting I may be pregnant, my purity ring would beg to differ ;P Again, thanks for the concern and the laughs :) but the situation is under control. Bye!

Top comments

You can always use one of those milking machines (no idea about the English term sorry) and give it away. I believe there are hospitals who collect this for moms who have trouble lactating.

Comments

NotDying 4

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. This has actually happened to me a few times before. I have a strange medical condition that affects my hormones, so that is the most likely culprit. I am seeing quite a few doctors, and none of them are very concerned. They have conducted quite a few tests and nothing was too out of the ordinary. I do not have a tumor (thankfully). To #1, I have been told not to express it because that can encourage my body to produce more milk, but that was quite a nice suggestion. I didn't actually know they did that. :) #3 I am actually not on the pill because I reacted badly to it due to my condition. (I had my period for 5 months straight. Yeah, that wasn't very fun) Also, to everyone suggesting I may be pregnant, my purity ring would beg to differ ;P Again, thanks for the concern and the laughs :) but the situation is under control. Bye!

Have they checked you for Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome? (PCOS for short.) That can cause major hormone issues. :)

NotDying 4

Yep. I have actually been positively diagnosed with something else, but thanks for asking! :)

rocker_chick23 27

I am glad to hear that you don't have a tumor or any other horrible disease

Ugh I've had the same happen to me, twice in my life both from medications. I couldn't not let it out that stuff hurts sitting around in there lol.

Question! Not being a dick, but if you're not gonna have sex then why were you on the pill? Or am I misunderstanding something?

NotDying 4

No problem! Actually, birth control can be used to regulate your period. Normally it's a monthly occurrence, but for some women, it can be more or less often. It could also be irregular. Mine, for example, was twice a month. Birth control helps your body produce certain hormones at certain times, so it causes you to have your period at the same time each month. There are also ones that have you get your period once every three months, and some that prevent you from having your period. Does that clear it up?

rocker_chick23 27

#102: Virgins use birth control to regulate their periods, clear up acne, or help with hormonal imbalances.

fleaguss 14

A purity ring means nothing without honor.

102- I used mine because I would throw up every month because my cramps hurt so bad. There are a lot of different reasons

happened to me too! although I had to go off mine because I gained 75 lbs on it :( luckily it's not as bad anymore

Impanon stopped my periods entirely after 6months

I had the same problem about 6 months ago. I talked to my doctor about it and she sent me in for an MRI. Turned out I had a benign pituitary tumor that I had removed late last year. Apparently, it's a pretty common occurrence in men and women, even though it sounds terrifying. I hope everything works out for you, OP!

I was put on the pill because I was losing twice as much blood as is the norm during my period, and constantly passing out as a result. Being underweight and having low blood pressure is a horrible combination with massively heavy blood flows. :P

Very much so, I was unaware of any of that. Can't believe my ignorance got me down voted so many times tho :/

Alexis83188 I up voted you because you had the balls to ask an honest question :) some people just don't know about things like that if they haven't experienced it themselves.

My husband has a pituitary tumor and has lactated before :/ I'm glad to hear it's not something like that for you!

I was on it to avoid having anemia and getting a blood transfusion every other month and on high doses of iron.

I had my period for over a full year strait with that implant

I hope the problem is solved for you soon.

Same thing ended up happening to me OP. However, none of the doctors I saw knew why it was happening despite blood work, ultrasounds and other various tests. We ended up chalking it up to my medications I was taking for my depression. It may have been that but it may not have. Hopefully yours will go away eventually, mine did.

imkool136 22

Glad everything worked out in the end. And congrats on wanting to stay pure. Not everyone can say that. I'm just glad I was able to give my first time to someone I love and I hope you can do the same too:) good luck on your condition in the future.

Certain medications including antidepressants, tranquilisers, blood pressure medications, hormones including oral contraception, and some herbal supplements can all cause women to lactate (produce milk). Drugs such as marijuana or opiates may also be responsible. Galactorrhea also can signal an underlying disease such as kidney or thyroid disease. In these cases it may be accompanied by other symptoms such as lack of menstruation or menstrual irregularity, acne, reduced interest in sex, headaches or vision loss. Galactorrhea can occur as a result of a benign tumour of the pituitary gland in the brain. This is the gland responsible for producing the hormone prolactin which promotes lactation in pregnancy and while breastfeeding. From a health website. Please see your doctor.

Makes your boobs bigger.. If that's any compensation

hippo1234 19

Stress can trigger lactation in males and females! Is there a female around you who is pregnant? That can also trigger lactational hormones. But check with your doctor asap to make sure there's nothing wrong with your pituitary gland or hormone levels.

It's when beer leaks out of your boobs. Usually happens after you get married. It can also happen if you're in a long term relationship. It takes 2+ years to produce. No, it isn't always beer. Whatever your significant other likes. Most might say lactating is when milk is being produced in your boobs but don't believe them!! Hope that helps!

lactating is when a women's (or mans) bests produce milk.

sherbear86 21

for the last three years my left boob has been lactating a little. just the left one. true story. I feel your pain op,

I hope you've been to a doctor about it, and that if you haven't, you go as soon as possible. One-sided bodily issues can be a sign of tumors, etc. Good luck, and hang in there -- if there's a serious problem, the first step in getting it addressed is getting it diagnosed.

Go see a doctor. I f this is hormonal disorder you could be getting fat as hippo in a week.

As crummy as that sounds, there is one silver lining. At least your not male

As crummy as that sounds, there is one silver lining. At least your not male.