By NotDying - 08/04/2015 12:26 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I started lactating. That would be fine if I had a kid. Or was pregnant. Or wasn't 16. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 721
You deserved it 2 730

NotDying tells us more.

NotDying 4

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. This has actually happened to me a few times before. I have a strange medical condition that affects my hormones, so that is the most likely culprit. I am seeing quite a few doctors, and none of them are very concerned. They have conducted quite a few tests and nothing was too out of the ordinary. I do not have a tumor (thankfully). To #1, I have been told not to express it because that can encourage my body to produce more milk, but that was quite a nice suggestion. I didn't actually know they did that. :) #3 I am actually not on the pill because I reacted badly to it due to my condition. (I had my period for 5 months straight. Yeah, that wasn't very fun) Also, to everyone suggesting I may be pregnant, my purity ring would beg to differ ;P Again, thanks for the concern and the laughs :) but the situation is under control. Bye!

Top comments

You can always use one of those milking machines (no idea about the English term sorry) and give it away. I believe there are hospitals who collect this for moms who have trouble lactating.

Comments

?? sorry to tell you this but you're probably pregnant.

skymachine 23

Breasts only start producing milk after 5-6 months.

Delsanity 13

Best advice is go see a doctor

At least ur also a chick, woulda been weird for a dude to start lactating

CliffyB03 28

You may wanna get that checked. If your boobs lactate or appear a little weird, you may have something wrong with your breast.

Lactation without pregnancy usually occurs in women who are of childbearing age. It is seen the most women who are affected by this symptom are between the ages of 16 and 40. Lactation without pregnancy is usually caused by high levels of hormones responsible for production of milk. High hormone levels in a woman can be caused by natural changes in the body that occur in every woman during specific periods in her life. Hormone levels can also increase if you are taking certain medication and once you stop the medication, the lactation will cease. Other reasons for lactation without pregnancy include unnoticed miscarriage, which is dismissed as painful menstruation, and glandular problems that cause hormone imbalance. Usually lactation without pregnancy is harmless but it could be an indication of a greater problem in the body. If you are lactation because of hormonal imbalance, it is important that you get imbalance corrected or it could lead to serious issues. If you are lactating without pregnancy, you should immediately visit your doctor to ensure that there is nothing wrong with your health. A doctor is the best person to figure out why you are lactating and he or she will take the necessary steps to remedy the situation. If lactation without pregnancy is caused by natural adjustments of hormones in the body, it is best to wait for the hormones to adjust to their normal levels. It has been seen that most cases of lactation without pregnancy resolve on their own with time. However, occasionally medical intervention is required if there is an underlying health condition.

Usually oxytocin and estrogen... Get that checked by a physician.

Is your mom or sister or bff pregnant? That could do it too... When I was pregnant my mom started lactating (after her full hysterectomy) and the doctor explained it is common

That's actually so sick! I didn't know that was possible

Doesn't that happen only if you've had a baby of your own?

zt90894046 4

it's all hormones it's just like period if a group of women are together long enough they will all start there cycle at the same time or close to it

kellyem2 20

This happened to a girl I grew up with, though she hadn't even started her period yet. It's usually a sign that your hormones are out of balance. You definitely should talk to a doctor, but in most cases altering diet/exercise and using hormone therapy like birth control will help even things out.