By NotDying - 08/04/2015 12:26 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I started lactating. That would be fine if I had a kid. Or was pregnant. Or wasn't 16. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 721
You deserved it 2 730

NotDying tells us more.

NotDying 4

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. This has actually happened to me a few times before. I have a strange medical condition that affects my hormones, so that is the most likely culprit. I am seeing quite a few doctors, and none of them are very concerned. They have conducted quite a few tests and nothing was too out of the ordinary. I do not have a tumor (thankfully). To #1, I have been told not to express it because that can encourage my body to produce more milk, but that was quite a nice suggestion. I didn't actually know they did that. :) #3 I am actually not on the pill because I reacted badly to it due to my condition. (I had my period for 5 months straight. Yeah, that wasn't very fun) Also, to everyone suggesting I may be pregnant, my purity ring would beg to differ ;P Again, thanks for the concern and the laughs :) but the situation is under control. Bye!

Top comments

You can always use one of those milking machines (no idea about the English term sorry) and give it away. I believe there are hospitals who collect this for moms who have trouble lactating.

Comments

haley_amanda 14

yeah get a blood test done & see if you are producing too much prolactin. that started when I was 15 & thought nothing of it. I'm now 20 and found out I have a tumor on my pituitary gland causing me to over produce the hormone prolactin. I still have the tumor and the side effects are pretty bad, may become infertile. I found out and took the blood tests after losing my menstrual cycle and having discharge from my nipples. a blood test & MRI later confirmed it. hope everything is well :) & you catch it early. BTW it's benign. so if you have the same thing, it isn't cancerous :)

Maybe you are pregnant, go take a pregnancy test or go to the doctor's.

copperfrand 1

I'm a 23 year old not pregnant female who has "lactated" from both breasts for a little over two years. It's not a lot of "milk" and it only happens if I squeeze really hard. Freaked out about it and went to the doctor immediately upon noticing it and the doctor told me that apparently for some women, this is just a "thing" that happens and is totally normal. I had an MRI a year before the lactation started and idk if a tumor would have shown up then but yeah my doctor said it was normal. I also read somewhere that the copper IUD(I have one) can cause nipple discharge but my doctor said she'd never heard of that. Just giving my experience with this.

If you're hormones aren't right that can cause you to lactate. I suggest seeing your lady doctor. You can also breast feed babies and get money for it I believe.

Crakagor_fml 4

Could someone please explain to me why it isn't "Or *were* pregnant." ? English isn't my native language and from what I've learned I don't understand. :(

1030love 10

it should be were. as in "Or if I were pregnant."

I heard you can make cheese from human milk! Just kidding. See a doctor!

Anything that can be made from cows or goats milk can be made from human breast milk. I suspect any milk from a lactating mammal could be made into ice cream, cheese etc. There was a shop in that was briefly selling ice cream made from human breast milk in the UK.

vmbrocca 13

I started lactating for no valid reason at 16 too. The cause was my now ex anti-depressants Zoloft. The drug also caused severe 30 pound weight gain. I hope you are able to stop the problem and wish you the best. I feel your pain.

ah yes, the new season of Teen Mom has begun.

I had this happen to. the doctor will keep a close eye on it bc it can be horrible things. usually not. mine was birth control pills and under wire bras...easy fix just scary