By slaughterteddy - 20/07/2016 23:23 - United States

Today, I spent two hours trying to catch a urine sample whilst at urgent care due to my inability to pee in public restrooms. I finally managed one, and was so excited by my success that I fumbled it and spilled it on my pants. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 034
You deserved it 2 543

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess I'm kind of confused. Every medical facility I've been in has had private toilets for patients; it's just you and the toilet. I kind of understand pee anxiety when there's a bunch of stalls and people coming in and out, but I've never seen that in a medical facility. It's also disconcerting that the staff allowed you to try for two hours. After ten minutes I would have knocked on the door.

Comments

How public is this clinic restroom? Just about every doctor's office I've been to has single-stall restrooms so people can provide samples or use the facilities.

CliffyB03 28

They have these containers that go right under the toilet seat, so you don't have to hold the cup there. I'm bladder shy too, and it was way more relaxing to do it that way.

They call them "hats" where I am. I used them all the time for my samples until they decided they were too unsanitary :( now I get pee all over myself every single time.....

ugh I hope they have a hand blower and a sink

Hopefully OP had enough left in the sample cup and could just go home.

Jillene 8

In the wise words of Billy Madison: "You ain't cool, unless you pee your pants"

You could ask for blood work instead due to your issue with urinating in public

LiquidGoldRose 19

Blood work does make a urine sample unnecessary. I recently had both a blood test and a urine test, simply because a urine test can detect things that blood cannot - e.g. whether the kidneys are correctly reabsorbing glucose and protein.

I too have a shy bladder. I've avoided applying for jobs who drug test because I won't be able to produce a sample, especially if I know someone's waiting for it. I've never done drugs. For the doctor's if I have an appointment requiring a sample I'll pick up the cup beforehand and do it at home.

Theres a youtube video that's all water noises like waterfalls and rivers. I can't pee in medical restrooms or quiet bathrooms. Since motion sinks are everywhere, you cant run them anymore, either. :( Good luck next time OP!

You can try holding your breath in, forcing your body to release the fluids. Then you wouldn't be in that same shyness ever again in public.