By shit... - 05/07/2009 18:16 - United States

Today, I sent out my monthly curriculum list to the parents of the kids in my math class so they can see what their children will be learning. I usually end my e-mails with the phrase 'math is power'. Now, 154 parents got an e-mail saying 'meth is power'. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 933
You deserved it 23 800

Same thing different taste

Taking pictures

By Anonymous - 05/12/2019 14:00

Today, I was teaching a high school calculus class. I wrote a complex formula on the board. As I wrote, students asked if they could take a picture of the board and circulate it. I said yes, and I was pleased as everybody seemed to be taking pictures. Soon, I realized why: my skirt was tucked into my underwear. Within a few minutes, every student in the school had an email with a picture of my ugliest pair of floral-printed panties. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 222
You deserved it 477

Top comments

well you deserved that one for using the phrase "math is power"

haha , parent teach conferences should be interesting

Comments

fxdxhk90 0

It's ok, with the exception of calculus and linear algebra, math is completely useless.

Are you actually calling calculus useful? Almost no one uses calculus in real life. If you're not an engineer or a mathematician then you'll probably never need to use calculus.

BeeperMcGee 0

Ever work in finance? or consulting? (elasticity rates are crucial in many fields, I spent my time determining ideal deposit) To a lesser extent, if you play games a lot of the engines employ rate changes. Additionally, almost all economics is based upon calculus and statistics.

Then there's the tons of trig and other advanced stuff involved in 3D graphics. You may not find a use for these things every day, if you have a boring job, but there are plenty of uses for them.

fxdxhk90 0

It's ok, with the exception of calculus and linear algebra, math is completely useless.

delfinofrank 0

wtf? You need to most of the 12+ years of math you learned in school to be able to do calc and linear algebra!

Aish_fml 0

Ha! Smart teacher. Hope you keep your job.

you should've re-read!! ... but that really does suck.. HAHA!!!

mastory96 0

haha! you just made my day. :) it's okay! one time I typed "virgin is" instead of "virginia". the space key gets in the way on my phone. and since I have spell check...

jethockey 0

Lol, that's pretty funny. If you always end your e-mails with "Math is Power" I'm sure the parents will realize that you just made a typo this time.

heyyou1203 0

as a math major, i totally ******* love you lol. But that's what these stupid helicopter parents get for needing to know every single detail of their children's lives. maybe they should trust that the teachers are doing a good job or teach their kids themselves.

its called proofreading. try it sometime.

Proofreading does not always catch everything... Often people will read their own work and read it how they think it is rather than what is actually there. This is why in school when they do peer editing and people switch papers... This isn't always the case and some people do catch their mistakes..but a lot don't. Proofreading may not have saved this.

So proofreading is somehow bad? Those of us in the big scary world successfully use it without having to "switch papers with the student behind us".

When did they say proofreading was bad? They said it doesn't catch everything and has its flaws. God, I hate when people assume shit and put words into other peoples mouths.