By nobodywasthere - 12/09/2017 01:30

Today, I rushed onto the metro to get to work. I found there were no seats left and asked a perfectly healthy guy to let me sit in the handicap spot. He refused to because "being tired" was a handicap characteristic. I have one leg. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 688
You deserved it 282

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shoulda said you lost your leg on 9/11. Make him feel like a ******* ********.

Was it obvious, or did you have a prosthetic covered with pants?

Comments

There are actual disorders that are essentially extreme tiredness or that have it as a symptom. Just because he "looks" healthy doesn't mean he isn't disabled- and if he does have a disability, he has just as much of a right to that seat as you do.

i kinda feel there is a big difference between someone who is psychologicaly damaged and a guy missing a limb. i feel bad for him and disgusted that ppl are defending that this guy "might" have a problem too. unless the guy has also lost a major body part used for standing/walking he can get the **** out of the seat

Yeah, illnesses with chronic fatigue? Not psychological. Also, your a complete and total asshole for saying that someone has to be missing a body part for them to be considered disabled enough to sit in the seating. Heart conditions, narcolepsy, bad hips, knees, or back, seizures, arthritis, joint disorders, blood pressure issues are all things that aren't visible but still mean the person needs to be sitting down for safety reasons. In act, even with fatigue disorders, they still need to be sitting down because they could pass out, and if you pass out while standing up, you are going to hit the floor. Congratulations on proving that ableism is a thing and that you have no idea how disabilities work. I suggest keeping your lack of information in mind and not commenting on subjects like this in the future, in order to avoid making an ass out of yourself by trying be the judge of whether people are disabled enough AND that unless they are missing a limb that their illness is just in their head.

Actually, I had a herniated disc in my back. I couldn't sit at all. I was barely able to stand.

17uc17 3

shut up please. I am disabled, sometimes invisibly. I say that I'm disabled. he can too. all you are doing is bullying a REAL disabled person.

Lobby_Bee 17

Should ask a women instead, they are more sympathetic than men.

ohsnapword 21

Did you take your prosthetic leg off and beat him with it? If so, then he would have an excuse for sitting in the handicap spot.

Did you have a peg leg and a parrot on your shoulder? Are you a pirate? I thought this was a FML not charades

SlapAnAsian70 7

Perhaps he could sit in front of the bus so we can see him really tired.

How did you that he was perfectly healthy? Did you ask him? Or did you assume that physical disabilities are the only disabilities that exist and expect people to feel sorry and bow down to you? It's sad how most disabled people feel entitled.

17uc17 3

So the only physical disabilities that exist are visible ones? What a horrible judgemental narrow minded person you are. PS: It's really, really easy to say "I'm disabled too" and NO ONE offered a seat.

My grandpa had some me one yell at him for parking in a "wheelchair" spot when he didn't have a wheelchair. He took one of his legs off (double amputee) and shook it at her while screaming obscenities. I miss him.

Hahahahahaha! Your grandpa sounds awesome! I hope she felt like a complete ass. Also, I'm sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, sir.