By mishie1 - 21/02/2012 12:44 - United States

Today, I received the first compliment from the opposite sex that I've gotten in months, from an elderly, cross-dressing man in the parking lot of Goodwill. Apparently my clothes look like they'd be "exciting to try on." FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 702
You deserved it 2 931

Same thing different taste

Top comments

viper64 10

Seeing as he's a cross dresser, it looks like that's a compliment on your clothes...

Comments

Emd0406 4

Hey at least he's complimenting you. At least he wasn't hitting on you.

That makes her feel worse, I see the good intentions in your comment. But it's wrongly executed, lol.

Emd0406 4

Idk... I feel like getting complimented by a creepy, old crossdresser is better than getting hit on by one. But I guess that's just me.

Old people and their weird compliments...but hey, at least you got one!

iloveweed69 7

At least you got nice clothes girl~

jej1997 2

Oh, boo hoo. You've gone "months" without a compliment from a guy. Ask the average male how often women compliment him. He'll likely struggle to remember the last time.

Here's a news flash, genius: men and women are different. They have different needs and they act differently towards each other. *gasp* I know, I know. Take a minute to collect yourself.

Whoa there doc, I'm a man and I would love to get a compliment from a woman.

Cross dressers are the best kind of dressers!

wasnt this a movie once.... silence of the lambs???

I don't think the OP is wearing a suit of other peoples skin...

Men usually don't compliment, so I wouldn't take it personally..but that is kind of creepy. Atleast you know you're interesting to look at.

perdix 29

Goodwill: for people who are too cheap or poor to shop at Walmart. I got a cashmere sweater at Goodwill for five bucks, so **** y'all! (And it didn't have a little tiny stain on it.)

I think in general these days people don't really compliment each other but with the internet and its anonymity, insults are flying, so nowadays when we receive a simple compliment we don't know how to react. I was working this weekend. A woman ran up to me and complimented me and my first thought was, "She's buttering me up because she wants something." Ten years ago or so I would have just accepted the compliment but now I think there's an ulterior motive and the reason for that is because I get about 50 emails a day from people, all of them telling me what an asshole I am, how stupid I am, what a poor job I do, I'm ruining their lives and they can't imagine how I am still on the job. The only variation is the people who start off with a compliment, then launch into their request. The compliment was only an effort to get on my good side. At least they know they can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. So nowadays if I hear a compliment I am suspicious or annoyed (oh God, what to they want?) and I think a lot of people feel that way (at least my colleagues do, they have experienced the same phenomenon that I have). It's sad, really.

thiscrazything 1

Well, pattipan, I would like to compliment you on your extremely long, but well written comment. I expect nothing in return.

I would thumbs down but when i press the button on my phone u have to scroll up to chose up or down ugg

I would thumb this up but the comment was to long for my phone screen

andrew1107 0