By Anonymous - 06/02/2010 12:40 - United Kingdom

Today, I received our gas bill for about £200. My flatmate felt that this was extortionate and therefore phoned up our gas company and angrily told them to recalculate the bill. They did. We now owe £300. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 539
You deserved it 5 069

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sassy8 0

blland - please tell me youre kidding, and not actually that stupid. And yeah, that sucks. that is seriously one hell of a gas bill.

Lifedoutcobra 0

Wow, your life sucks. Sometimes its better just to have some faith...

Comments

I'm waiting for all the americans to say "what the hell is a flatmate" and then slag off every country they can

I'm waiting for the Europeans to stop being assholes. Guess I'll be waiting forever.

MXavierT 0

Well 21, you'd have to be pretty ignorant to not be able to figure out what it means. You'd also have to be pretty ignorant to make stereotypical comments about Americans, when everything that happens over here directly affects your life. ;]

I love how he prepares for it. Even before someone slips up they're waiting. I'm not going to lie though, I have no idea what the hell a flatmate is. Guess it helps when you're born in an area that actually uses these words, eh?

I'm waiting for all the Europeans to attack the Americans when they ask "What's a flatmate?" SMH, Douchebag

I'm European and I don't know what the hell a "flatmate" is. I don't come from an English speaking country.

strangegirl505 7

haha flatemate is roomate... it's kinda obvious for Americans to figure out you know... it's not like a German term or something... and even then English is a Germanic language. Thanks for having faith in us Brits. Why don't you use euros like eeryone else in Europe? P.S. Look up why we use farenheit too ;)

hahaha you people are funny. even though it's not hard to figure out. you fail.

how did u like the American revolution Brit?? or do they not teach it there??

a flat mate isn't a room mate. you don't tend to share rooms with a flat mate. A flat mate is someone that you share bills etc with but you will often have seperate rooms. A flate mate could also be someone you share a house with (under rent) or even get a mortgage with (again without room sharing). As for the unit slur we do tend to use both ºF and ºC without much confusion between the two. We keep the pound and other imperial measurements through habit more than anything else. I wonder why America has not used the yard or the stone though? If you are to use the imperial system surely that would make life easier. (3ft to yard, 1760 yard to mile, 14 pound to stone)

mikeyboi19 5

well the same thing applies to the term roommate. I live in a 3 bedroom house with two "roommate" we each have seperate rooms and share a portion of the rent and utilities and honestly it's not hard for Americans to figure out what flatmate means either.

cam007_fml 0

They tried the Euros. They lost money on it.

While I have no excuse for our exclusion of 'stone', we do use 'yards' over here in the states. In fact, in Catholic school we were punished with yard sticks thus beating the system into us.

FYI, the American Revolution was in the 18th century, and we (England) were probably the most influential country during that time, and after it, up until about 1920. It's called the British Empire, dumbass.

You know what? It's the ******* 21st century! Stop arguing about the 18th century. America is no better than England and England is no better than America. If you ***** can't figure that out then why do you even care. It's an FML, shut the **** up and appreciate it. Make comments that are not hate comments.

The UK has always had the biggest independence streak of the EU members

thongs4lyfe 0

Waheyy the first post I've seen on here from north east England :D

oh they teach it here, but the fact is without the frenchs help, American would still be under British rule. it seems you can't win a war without foreign help

capthavoc123 0

Because the French and British were kicking Hitler's ass before we stepped in, right?

I'd say "we" have all saved each others' asses through the last couple of centuries, then. Well done, everybody!

CheshireHalli 19
oldfart 0

my gas bill is always £200 every quarter