By MrsRODixon - 05/03/2015 12:38 - United Kingdom - Pencoed

Today, I received an urgent call from my son's nursery asking me to collect him, saying he was, "lethargic, complaining about being ill and crying". I get there and he's running around, playing and admits he just wanted to come home. They still made me take him home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 850
You deserved it 2 835

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You've got a devious little genius there. Better be on his good side from now on.

Comments

MehNameIsJuan 15

"As you can see he is very ill and crying"

We all tried to fake sick at one point to stay home from school, he's just an early bloomer. However, I still recommend you explaining to him why his actions were wrong... with discipline.

education is really vital for a kid's personal growth at a young age and i'm not sure if this nursery is really suitable for your son ? once is fine but what if he develops truancy as a habit when he grows up :0

chill99 15

Make sure it's not so fun to be at home. Give him chores and schoolwork to do.

This is actually a good idea in a way. The kid needs to know that what he did was wrong and something needs to be done so that he won't think to do this again. I would take away tv & iPad/iPhone time, or something else that is his favourite thing to do. He can still play toys and have fun, but he can't do that number 1 thing he loves to do at home. Hopefully he'll think twice before faking it again.

The nursery should have tried harder to keep him occupied. Seems like they can't be 'bothered'.

nezhit 1

That's an easy one. Get him to doctor (despite being obviously fine) and do some tests, like blood sample or something. Next time he'd think twice. Or you can choose to be hostage since he now knows how you operate.

gobiteme2 34

Really # 28 take him to Dr so they can do some unnecessary test and examines. No wonder health care is jammed up with people like you out there.

Elisabetha Aarron 18

How discipline your kids without wasting medical professionals time

He is a smart cookie, we've always known that. I spoke to the nursery manager who apologised but said they don't take any chances with children's health even when they feel the child is faking. She promised that if it became a regular game of his then they wouldn't ring unless they were 100% sure. As for him, he's helping me with chores, but at 3 that's just as fun as Tv & toys. He's only just started so I think he's just struggling with the new way of life. He got a telling of and sent to bed for his nap. Keeps saying sorry but I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

I don't blame the daycare at all. Especially if he was crying all day. Either way, faking it or not, it sounds like he needed to be with his mom. I'm glad they won't continue to do this if he continues to fake, but better on them to be safe then sorry. I'm glad you have disciplined him as well. Taking away something he loves to do (like the TV today) should also help him think twice before faking it again. Sounds like you've handled it all well op! Hope he learns his lesson and you don't get a call from daycare tomorrow!

This makes me want to do something extra nice for my son's preschool teachers. It's expected that kids new to daycare/preschool are going to have a bit of an adjustment period- especially when it's their first time away from mom. And sometimes even experienced/adjusted kids just have 'off' days, too. But sometimes there's more to the story. Listen to your son. Take cues from him. Observe. If things don't start improving, start looking for a new place, because there may be a problem with the one he's in. (Speaking from my own son's experiences with childcare)

Or the kid is just spoiled. Hate to break it you but your kid isn't special. They aren't going to cater to him because he is acting out. They are going to call the parents. Especially if they think something is wrong. If we had a kid not acting himself and crying we would have called too. It's better doing that than not and something end up being wrong.

I never said he was special. I think you missed the point of the FML. They called because they believed he was sick, which is what I expect, not because he was acting up and being naughty.