By LicenseLoser - 13/11/2018 15:30

Today, I received a notice that I'm being fined for failure to renew my Florida license. I've lived in Maryland for the last seven years and I've never had a Florida license. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 966
You deserved it 170

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Since when has the DMV ever been competent at their jobs? Go down to the nearest office, and inform them face-to-face. Doing it on the phone, or online, will probably lead to them giving you the runaround.

Comments

Since when has the DMV ever been competent at their jobs? Go down to the nearest office, and inform them face-to-face. Doing it on the phone, or online, will probably lead to them giving you the runaround.

XUDT72 24

Yeah, go down to the nearest Florida DMV office...

He said the nearest office, which is any DMV office located in OP's area....

anayanci1 6

I went to the dmv to fix a mistake and they told me to go home and do it by mail

kricket5 19

The Maryland DMV can’t do anything for the Florida notice.

I agree. look into identity theft. This is also a scam.

tommy 2

Sounds like it has to do with DEMOCRATS and voter fraud to me!!!

How can you be fined for not renewing? What if you had lived there and moved? Would they fine you for moving?

rcrumbak 9

yes, happened to my brother..... because he didn't inform them he moved out of state. lots of fun

The states can't force you to renew your license it's not something you have to have it's most likely a scam.....

If you don’t have a license, you need to have a non driver’s ID.

You should demand a recount. Florida bureaucrats will think that’s hilarious!

That's okay, I'm sure you've been voting in Florida for the last three elections anyway. Vote early, vote often! /sarc

tounces7 27

Uh. Since when do they fine you for not renewing your license? You're not legally required to keep a license, you just need one to drive with.

Geez....they obviously had the wrong person. what the hell?