By Anonymous - 24/04/2014 15:30 - United States - Fayetteville

Today, I received a friend request on Facebook from a girl I've had a crush on for a while. As I was about to accept it, it vanished. She explained later that she clicked on my name by accident, and didn't actually want to be friends at all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 583
You deserved it 4 021

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cucumber10 9

If she is so rude as to delete a harmless friend invitation, then I think you might be better off. Good luck finding a new crush :)

gingaa96 18

Sorry bud.. Better luck next time

Comments

I suppose better that she do that rather than cause any awkward situations later on. Keep trying OP, you'll find someone if you get out there and be noticeable.

ZeroProxy 4

Still a better love story then... the Notebook, man how I hated that movie.

Maybe she was Facebook stalking you, accidentally added you, panicked and then canceled it. For all you know OP, she might very well have a crush on you, too!

AFCCT 7

I'd be willing to bet that all the girls on here saying OP is too good for her have turned down or brushed off a guy they didn't want to be friends with in a way that, if looked at from the guys perspective, comes off just as 'rude'. I don't think she was rude at all though. She made a mistake then told him the truth. Would you all rather her lead him on?

The "rude" part is her saying: "I don't wanna be friends at all." She could've said: "Oops. Sorry. That was an accident, I don't know you well enough to add you." And I don't believe she's "crushing" on him either, got nervous about the add & then changed her mind. Because what she said, pretty much destroyed any hope for romance. Sorry OP. But move on. You're better off.

Axel5238 29

Right, but friends for some they use that as a way to get closer hoping they'll change there mind about dating. Could've been nicer yeah, but sometimes it has to be clear there isn't interest. Been on both ends of that. It isn't fun, but sometimes being nice waters down the message as how the person sees it and they hope for a chance.

Had a girl I really liked follow me on twitter, then unfollow me. Still chasing the endless trail leading to her love.... My advice: move on. Sorry OP

She's a classic 'mean girl'. You don't want one of those bitches in your life. Thank God you didn't click accept OP.

DAMN, you didn't even get friend zoned

austinsonic 6

Why is everyone here down voting comments that call the girl rude? Yes she can choose who she wants to be friends with, but she could've said "I don't know you well enough to be friends" or something, she didn't need to say "I don't wanna be friends with you at all" that's kinda rude because it gives him the idea that she believes there's something wrong with him.. Did she mean it like that? Maybe not, but it still wasn't extremely polite

She doesn't need to be extremely polite. Had she been really polite about it and not straightforward, OP would still think they had a chance and still have a crush on someone who doesn't like him. Besides she could have good reason to be impolite to OP, we don't know.