By SuzyTurquoiseBlu - 29/08/2012 05:32 - Australia - Fairfield

Today, I received a call from my future sister in-law, telling me that she and her future husband had decided to hold their wedding ceremony on my birthday. I was told not to celebrate my birthday, as it would "take away the attention to the true meaning of the day." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 186
You deserved it 2 100

SuzyTurquoiseBlu tells us more.

Well, they aren't really liked in the family and I think that its both really rude and sad of them to try and piggy-back their special occasions with mine. My sister in-law and her fiancee got engaged in the waiting room while I was in ACTIVE labour with my daughter and got pissed off that everyone wasn't falling over themselves to congratulate them.

Top comments

What a bitch of her. It was your special day first, they can het hitched any other day.

Celebrate it anyways. I hate self centered people.

Comments

Come on now!!! How can you be so selfish! Haha I jokes..... But for real just be a wedding crasher get all drunk it's your birthday!!!

feldco1 17

What an evil woman! Don't stop yourself from living it up during the party. Happy early birthday OP.

Step 1) Go to the wedding Step 2) Dance and have a good time Step 3) Everyone wins I feel a little dirty for leaving such a nice comment...ugh.

TheDrifter 23

Can she at least wear a party dress and a "birthday bitch" tiara to the wedding?

You truly live up your nickname, how could you make no attempt at insulting the step-sister, advice the step brother to ruin her wedding, but instead give a good and peacefull solution? ;)

amandajlucas2015 2

That's what I was thinking the wedding is only going to be one day out of their lifetime.. You will have other birthdays.. If its like your 21st thats different but like 32 that's nothing to be whining about.. Noone celebrates that anyways.. Just go dance and have fun n celebrate your birthday the day before or after

37, it's more about the sister in law asking her not to celebrate it. Who does that? That's not something that's going to ruin the wedding, just more reason to celebrate. And that whole thing about the "true meaning of the day" is total BS. The day is meaningful to OP also.

All this means is a lifetime of "don't celebrate, it's our anniversary!" If the sister in law has the audacity to do this now, she won't shy away from doing it again in the future.

Mearemoi 14

37 - Well, there's these things called wedding anniversaries. I'm sure you've heard of them? Why should OP celebrate her birthday on a different day because her inconsiderate bitch of a sister-in-law decided to place their wedding on the same date? Especially when you can just move the date so they don't coincide with each other. You can't move the date of your birthday around...

I say celebrate anyway, it's not like bars close early. And let the sister-in-law know that "Sure, no problem! I'll just have a bigger reason to celebrate when you guys finally get divorced!". Win-win, and she gets insulted. Noor, do you still have power too? Cause Isaac is just about to hit Tiger Town :( I've already lost a car window to a tree. Hope you guys are doing good!

raraisbang 12

I think the sister in law is being a bitch in that she told Op not to celebrate her birthday. Thatisall. Also, Isaac's outer bands are reaching us in Monroe, la. now. Fantastic :)

Hmm.. okay here is a question for you: How would you feel if you were told (not asked, TOLD) not to celebrate your birthday because someone CHOSE to have their wedding on that day? Don't you think it would be alittle rude? I didn't choose what day to be born and I would have been happy to share and celebrate my birthday after the wedding.

raraisbang 12

Damn straight, OP. tell SIL to go **** a duck.

snakeassault 0

I would make sure you lace jer food that morning.

snakeassault 0
rttr 18

What about the anniversary. It will be the same day as OP's birthday. OP might never get to celebrate her birthday

TheDrifter 23

Throw a monster two day party starting the night before her wedding. See who goes hung over and who ditches on her.

Tell them you planned a party on this date since, well, since you were born. It's not like you decided to celebrate an event like a promotion or something that couldn't be done another day.

Just because you can't celebrate with your family, doesn't mean you can't celebrate with friends. I say ditch the wedding and celebrate your day. It is rude to say such thing to you no matter who it is.

You should wait till right before their toasts at the reception and have a friend call a toast for your birthday just so EVERYONE hears it

skyeyez9 24

Set a chocolate cupcake in her seat right before she sits down while wearing her wedding dress, like the previous fml.

Celebrate it anyways, she can't tell you what to do.