By SuzyTurquoiseBlu - 29/08/2012 05:32 - Australia - Fairfield

Today, I received a call from my future sister in-law, telling me that she and her future husband had decided to hold their wedding ceremony on my birthday. I was told not to celebrate my birthday, as it would "take away the attention to the true meaning of the day." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 186
You deserved it 2 100

SuzyTurquoiseBlu tells us more.

Well, they aren't really liked in the family and I think that its both really rude and sad of them to try and piggy-back their special occasions with mine. My sister in-law and her fiancee got engaged in the waiting room while I was in ACTIVE labour with my daughter and got pissed off that everyone wasn't falling over themselves to congratulate them.

Top comments

What a bitch of her. It was your special day first, they can het hitched any other day.

Celebrate it anyways. I hate self centered people.

Comments

sorrowsangel89 1

Announce on their wedding day that you are "so happy you could share your birthday party with them". Ha! Your sister in law can suck it.

Agreed! A friend of mine was the best man in his sister's wedding, which was also his 21st birthday. And he was absolutely ecstatic for his sister, and says that it was the best birthday he could have hoped for! That's an admirable attitude- not chucking a hissy about not being the center of attention.

Still no answer about what SIL and fiancée pulled during birth of OP’S child?

Yeah but anniversaries are also a yearly event. I can't say for sure, but I think it's a pretty safe assumption to make that, considering the Bridezilla did it this year, she might also do it the following years. It's gonna be a steady cycle of, " don't celebrate, it's our anniversary!"

Mearemoi 14

I don't know about you, but don't people normally celebrate their wedding anniversaries? And aren't they yearly?

It was YOUR day first. **** her and her self entitlement.

"she and her future husband" aka your brother... sounds like there's some bad blood in your family and she has been fully informed/caused it.

greatgal369 2

Doesn't necessarily mean her brother...It could be OP's husband/boyfriend's sister and her future husband, OP might not be related to either of them

DerMarktradikale 13

Well, at least you can have some "sil-fun", if you know what I mean. ;)

You can have a great birthday, she can have a great wedding...it's even more fun that they're on the same day! If you give in to this request, will she expect you to never celebrate your birthday again, since it will always be her wedding anniversary as well?

SML1 2

Screw that I would celebrate as I pleased