By SuzyTurquoiseBlu - 29/08/2012 05:32 - Australia - Fairfield

Today, I received a call from my future sister in-law, telling me that she and her future husband had decided to hold their wedding ceremony on my birthday. I was told not to celebrate my birthday, as it would "take away the attention to the true meaning of the day." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 186
You deserved it 2 100

SuzyTurquoiseBlu tells us more.

Well, they aren't really liked in the family and I think that its both really rude and sad of them to try and piggy-back their special occasions with mine. My sister in-law and her fiancee got engaged in the waiting room while I was in ACTIVE labour with my daughter and got pissed off that everyone wasn't falling over themselves to congratulate them.

Top comments

What a bitch of her. It was your special day first, they can het hitched any other day.

Celebrate it anyways. I hate self centered people.

Comments

PYLrulz 17

Challenge Accepted! What's the worst that can happen?!? A self-centered bitch not wanting any part of you anymore?!? Sounds like a good thing to me

OP, I hope you told her to either; A: Shove it B: Piss off and die C: "I'm not going to your wedding, fatass." D: "You are hideous, and you're also not invited to any of my future events." or E: All of the above

Wow that is total BS if that happened to me I would tell my brother to do something about his wife. Besides she can't keep you from celebrating your birthday it's your life not hers so who cares? Go celebrate it OP!

That's probably gonna be one hell of a birthday cake! Invite everyone she/the bride hates. XD

My sister's birthday is September 11. In 2001 AND 2002 she was forbidden from celebrating her birthday at school because it was "disrespectful to the victims of 9/11 and their families"

It could be worse. I heard from someone who babysat for a girl who was born on 9/11 2001, and her family has never celebrated her birthday at ALL. Not even on an alternate day, because they think its too "sad" to do so.

That's so sad! I get that they want to be respectful but that's too far - I hope this was secondary/high school not primary/elementary school. I can't imagine having to break it to an excited 8 year old that they're not allowed a birthday at school for two years...

Time to tell her "Sorry, but it's been MY special day for (x amount of years) & I'm not letting you ruin my special day with your wedding, & I you don't like it, schedule the wedding for a different day because I have every right to celebrate MY birthday"...sorry she's such an ass OP, try talking to the groom maybe?

What a selfish bride. I'm getting married in two weeks, but six months into the planning (after my army fiance was already approved for leave), I found out that my dad's best friend's daughter would be turning 16 the day of our wedding. I felt so bad, but the date couldn't be changed, so we're going to surprise her at the reception with a tiara and ask everybody to join us in singing "Happy Birthday" to her. :) You only have your Sweet 16 once, and I want to try to make it a special day for her, too!

I like this! A good, mature way to handle a possible dispute; the SIL mentioned in the post could learn from your example!

musicluvr2000 11

Talk to your bro and sister-in-law out of getting married on your birthday or else say goodbye to your birthday parties.

keven501 12

She is a bitch go throw a big party