By SuzyTurquoiseBlu - 29/08/2012 05:32 - Australia - Fairfield

Today, I received a call from my future sister in-law, telling me that she and her future husband had decided to hold their wedding ceremony on my birthday. I was told not to celebrate my birthday, as it would "take away the attention to the true meaning of the day." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 186
You deserved it 2 100

SuzyTurquoiseBlu tells us more.

Well, they aren't really liked in the family and I think that its both really rude and sad of them to try and piggy-back their special occasions with mine. My sister in-law and her fiancee got engaged in the waiting room while I was in ACTIVE labour with my daughter and got pissed off that everyone wasn't falling over themselves to congratulate them.

Top comments

What a bitch of her. It was your special day first, they can het hitched any other day.

Celebrate it anyways. I hate self centered people.

Comments

celebrate your birthday anyway,**** their wedding.

She seems like someone who gets a kick out of making waves. Yikes!

Welcome to the "I've got idiot inlaw(s)" club Look on the bright side, you're going to have interesting stories from this one. Also, if I were you I'd wear a "it's my birthday" pin. If they chose to have the wedding on your day they chose to share the day.

bigtime_rocker 11

I agree with most user who have posted an answer here. She's a big ol' **** for money without concideration of other peoples feelings and doesn't get the meaning of "I was f-ing first!!!"

For #44, i bet you're the male counterpart of the SIL. The bride told OP to not to celebrate her birthday because ' take away the attention to the true meaning of the day.", meaning a wedding is more important than a birthday and any celebration would take away her attention that she desperately want. She's the self-centered one, not OP.

Does keeping an open mind involves trying to convince everyone that the SIL is correct and that OP is a drama queen, while justifying her actions to "forbid" OP of celebrating her birthday?

If I were you op, I'd put candles on the wedding cake and pass out party hats and have the band play happy birthday. Are they gonna tell you not to celebrate any future birthdays as well? Because it would be taking away from their anniversaries? Seriously I'd wreck that bitches day!!!

I would tell her to give her head a shake for even thinking it was ok to tell you not to celebrate the day you were born. And even if it pissed her off, I'd still celebrate my birthday in spite if she kept that as a wedding date

This situation happened 2 years ago. And what she said to you is what i was told. And what did i do? Went to reno or my birthday