By SuzyTurquoiseBlu - 29/08/2012 05:32 - Australia - Fairfield

Today, I received a call from my future sister in-law, telling me that she and her future husband had decided to hold their wedding ceremony on my birthday. I was told not to celebrate my birthday, as it would "take away the attention to the true meaning of the day." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 186
You deserved it 2 100

SuzyTurquoiseBlu tells us more.

Well, they aren't really liked in the family and I think that its both really rude and sad of them to try and piggy-back their special occasions with mine. My sister in-law and her fiancee got engaged in the waiting room while I was in ACTIVE labour with my daughter and got pissed off that everyone wasn't falling over themselves to congratulate them.

Top comments

What a bitch of her. It was your special day first, they can het hitched any other day.

Celebrate it anyways. I hate self centered people.

Comments

totheforest84 4

My aunt did that to my grandma. C you next Tuesday.

Well that was rude of her. But they may do something special at the ceremony or at the wedding recession to congratulate you on your birthday. So it could be a good thing or a bad thing.

They really won't. Didn't you read the FML? Doesn't sound like they're hiding a surprise party to me.

its not that they're putting the wedding on your birthday, but the fact that you're NOT ALLOWED to celebrate it that is truly awful. what a bitch.

I woulda laughed at her. Does that mean you can't celebrate your birthday ever, because it might take attention away from their anniversary? I wouldn't worry, if she's that self-centered, they won't last long.

Just try and get attention at that wedding dosent matter what nshe thinks

Op wasn't upset that they planned their wedding on the birthday, just that the sister in law said they weren't allowed to celebrate because it would take away attention. Who says if the wedding is during the day that op shouldn't be allowed to go out that night or vice versa?

132- maybe OP's SIL meant only during the wedding?? Not the ENTIRE 24 hours. There's no way to know.

Sanch101 7

If this was the only time they could get the wedding booked for it is one thing. If it was a deliberate decision that is a pretty selfish action.