By SuzyTurquoiseBlu - 29/08/2012 05:32 - Australia - Fairfield

Today, I received a call from my future sister in-law, telling me that she and her future husband had decided to hold their wedding ceremony on my birthday. I was told not to celebrate my birthday, as it would "take away the attention to the true meaning of the day." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 186
You deserved it 2 100

SuzyTurquoiseBlu tells us more.

Well, they aren't really liked in the family and I think that its both really rude and sad of them to try and piggy-back their special occasions with mine. My sister in-law and her fiancee got engaged in the waiting room while I was in ACTIVE labour with my daughter and got pissed off that everyone wasn't falling over themselves to congratulate them.

Top comments

What a bitch of her. It was your special day first, they can het hitched any other day.

Celebrate it anyways. I hate self centered people.

Comments

venomousddog 19

51- Op was told not to celebrate her birthday at all because her future sister in law thinks the wedding is the true meaning of that day, I don't know what you think but ops future sister in law sounds selfish, and don't forget the anniversary, it will be yearly and ops future sister in law will probably refuse to let op celebrate her birthday on their anniversary

52- I have never known anyone to celebrate their anniversary with a bunch of other people. Obviously, the 25 year, 50 year etc are a completely different issue.

LadyJoker21 0

Man tell that bitch to **** off and plan another day

bgerow7 0

Same thing happened to me...except u have a chance to change the outcome which will be disastrous...if I were u I would tell them out of respect for you if they could have it the next week...trust me u don't want to have a birthday like mine ended up crying all night and disowning my family!

Oh, hell no. I'd slap that ho into next week.

After they cut the cake you should say "Aw yeah, my birthday cake."

I have the same problem, except it was my uncle(we are very close), and he was nice about it. He originally planned his wedding on my parents anniversary and then felt terrible about it so he moved it, but the only other day the venue was open was on my birthday. He felt really bad, but I said that I didn't mind and expected that he made it his day.... He ended up buying me a cake, making a speech and giving me a big sum of money... As well as having everyone at the wedding wish me a happy birthday... I didn't know half the people he invited and I only knew about two people on his wife's side...

#86, Wow, what a generous, thoughtful, and mature groom! OP's brother can take a lesson from him. Any wedding date is likely to be someone else's birthday or anniversary. Acknowledging this doesn't take away from the wedding, it adds to the new family bonds being created.

noisebox 1

The more I read on MFL the more I feel the world is turning into brain dead zombie / retards, ( in spite of all the advances in technology).....

Actually, the world is turning into retardville _because_ of technology. No one uses their brain anymore, computers do everything.

perdix 29

YDI for giving me a headache. Why did you say "her future husband" instead of "my brother?" I had to draw charts and graphs to figure that shit out! Why can't you just celebrate your birthday on a different day? If it's good enough for George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Jesus, it's good enough for you! And tell the bitch her anniversary better not **** up any of your future birthdays!