By Jackie - 14/09/2010 20:00 - United States

Today, I realized the guy I like is not deaf. This would normally be good news. However, for the past two weeks I assumed he was deaf after seeing him use sign language. I've been openly talking about him within earshot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 565
You deserved it 49 713

Same thing different taste

Top comments

twinny_sc 13

Wow that's stupid because even deaf people can read lips.

Comments

xThatAsianGurlx 0

you "like" a guy.. and you didn't know without even having to think about it whether he's deaf or not. impressive.

katelynjoy 0

lmfao dumbass way to ruin your chances with him

u definately deserve it, he should dump yo ass!

reddwarf_fml 0
juturnaamo 29

idealy, if you like someone, you'd talk about that person as if they were listening, so I hope you were saying things like "He's so hot." or jokingly telling some friend, "yeah there's my future husband" rather than something negative.

Walking in the grocery section doesn't make me a vegetarian.

That's totally rude. Even if he were Deaf, you don't talk about people right in front of them like that without addressing them, whether it's positive or negative. I hope you get your ass kicked by loads of Deaf people someday, and that he rejects you. YDI.

I might just send my girlfriend after you to teach you a lesson about how to treat and respect deaf people. She's registered deaf, and whether her hearing aids are in or not, I'd never talk about her, whether it be good or bad without knowing what I'm saying. Also, YDI for making the assumption that man was deaf. I hope he rejects you for being so prejudiced and inconsiderate.