By Anonymous - 11/02/2017 06:00 - United States - Richmond

Today, by helping my sweet, caring boyfriend get over his crippling insecurities and develop some confidence, I've turned him into a lying, cheating asshole I can't stand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 465
You deserved it 1 479

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There's a pretty simple solution to that problem. Dump the douchebag. If he was stupid enough to treat you like that after everything, then you deserve better.

Comments

tantanpanda 26

No, destroy his confidence and instill new insecurities, THEN break it off. Might as well get something out of it.

Same thing happened to me. Know that you deserve more

There's a pretty simple solution to that problem. Dump the douchebag. If he was stupid enough to treat you like that after everything, then you deserve better.

You didn't turn him into that, his actions did...because that is the person who was underneath those issues. FYL OP

Maybe but not always the case. A sweet guy who is insecure builds up no self control over temptations. U take away the crippling insecurity and u end up with a guy who without being prepared for it will get female attention without knowing any self control. I used to be and still at times am very insecure but at times I am comfortable I sometimes get presented with very tempting offers to just say the least. For me the fact that I know I get a great deal of my happiness from my wife and kid keeps me from temptations like that, without that I might havebeen tempted back then. By now I can easier resist temptations anyway. But to say he was always like that? U can never know if he was or just not trained to resist temptation.

Don't blame yourself for the choices he made. The sweetest people can sometimes turn out to be the cruelest. His cheating may even be just a mask for those insecurities.

There was the same FML but the genders where switched

jcash52426 5

I think you broke your boyfriend.

Moral of the story: Don't try to fix people.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
cheshireau 26

What if he was always like that and was only putting on a front for you?