By MeanMother - 28/06/2012 20:29 - United States - Saint Louis

Today, I realized just how much of a bitch I am when I grounded my son for not telling me what he got me for my birthday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 962
You deserved it 91 201

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

twisted_cherub 14

OP, you need to sit down with your son and have a calm, bitch-free discussion. It'll be hard to admit you've made mistakes, but (since I'm assuming this is not the first outrageous punishment you've doled out) continuing that kind of parenting is going to have severely negative effects on your son and how he interacts with others, including his children. If your kid is even remotely mature or understanding, you can work out a system where he helps you curb the bitch tendencies. Allow him to rationally plead his case. If he breaks a set rule (like curfew, not doing chores, talking back, etc.) he gets punished - period - , but if you decide to randomly punish him for ... say, not spoiling a birthday surprise, he has the right to appeal. It worked for my mom and I.

Thewoog34 0

You ARE a bitch and you probably scarred your kid emotionally. You should only have a kid when you are emotionally ready. Perhaps you should fix up your parenting before you ruin your son's life even more.

Wat kind of mother are u . Poor lil boy

Today my mom grounded me for not telling her what I got for her birthday. And yes she is aware that it's a surprise. FML

That's how kids grow up to be serial killers. Way to go...

Why did your son keep quiet even though he knew you? I bet he didn't get you anything for your birthday and didn't want to admit it, fearing even worse reaction.

He should return it and save up for the therapy he's going to need

Im waiting for the "my mom grounded me for not telling her what i got her for her birthday fml" to come out

Linkisomnivore 8
hewro_failure 11

At least you realized it but seriously stop being such a bitch ha