By z - 05/11/2009 17:20 - United States

Today, I re-joined a popular on-line dating service. I first signed up 3 years ago and was matched with a wonderful woman. After about a year, she broke up with me. I was devastated. After two years of trying to win her back, I decided it's best just to move on. Guess who they matched me with? FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 466
You deserved it 5 454

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jts2 3

Who? WHO WAS IT?! The suspense is killing me!

Tell her it's a sign and that you two should actually be together. Then sleep with her. Then move on.

Comments

MermaidSongXOXO 6

Why does it suck? If neither of you have changed your specs, OF COURSE the site would match you up again. Duu-uuuuhhh.

Indeed. Are you surprised that the software that matched you with her did not keep up with your relationship and update its compatibility function accordingly?

if I wrote the software I would at least register who it matched up

Erindub 0

Sucks to be you. How bout letting love happen naturally?

I agree with Erindub! You should let love happen naturally. :)

txgirl09 5

Please tell me how 'love happens naturally'. I would honestly effing like to know because I have been looking hardcore for a boyfriend for ages and so far online dating seems to be the most efficient way to meet someone without having to go to a loud club or a bar. I just get SO pissed at people who down internet dating. Not everyone is a social butterfly and some of us want to avoid those who simply want to get laid and online dating helps.

Maybe you haven't found one because you use hardcore as an adverb.

It's probably because you use "hardcore" as an adverb.

txgirl09 5

lol. fine ditch the word hardcore but the rest of what I said is true.

catastrophicsock 0

Stop LOOKING for a boyfriend, #12. And stop whining about it.

I hope you do not use FML as a dating site, #12. That would be too hardcore even for me. Has anyone noticed that us calling each other by numbers is like S.P.E.C.T.R.E. from James Bond?

txgirl09 5

no i do not use fml as a dating site. haha.

Apparently looking for someone naturally isn't possible for people anymore. I met my current boyfriend totally on accident after I decided to stop dating years ago (since all the men I ended up with were all the same--in it only for the sex and nothing more). I just let life happen and now I'm with a man I can't ever imagine being without. But...some people apparently NEED to date forcibly rather than just letting one thing lead to another I guess. Whatever floats and sinks their boat.

People have never been socially incredible. Some of the majority are starting to realize that Christian marriage is not the most ideal thing in the world and our soul purpose in life is not to pump out 6 kids and not beat your wife. Its a sad fact that we are becoming more and more aware of our empty and pointless existence. Life is truly, Luckster, Whatever floats (or sinks) your boat.

totally agree matey. People act like it 's goining to happen like it does in movies... Seriously!?!

Seriously, it does happen that way, just not for everyone. That would make movies way less interesting.

I have a better question #12, how does love happen unnaturally?

u sound like a desperate. Omfg I want a bf. How sad is that? I'm 18teen and I would never ever go on a date with someone who I have meet over the internet.

Online dating IS natural. It's just as natural as videoconferencing or using a phone to call your sweetheart for this day and age. It simply is another avenue for dating, it does NOT mean something is wrong with you or you are socially inept. It is the people out there who use others for sex, lie or cheat, or are not sincere in relationships that are socially inept. Alot of people who use online dating are just tired of these games and actually want a mature, honest relationship.

#85 I disagree. I don't see it as natural, I see it as a rather pathetic and lazy attempt to meet someone new. If you are so reserved that you can't talk to someone then you need to take steps to help to change that, not sit on your computer looking for your 'soulmate.' Your soulmate isn't online, they are out there in the 'real' world, go find them and stop being lazy.

am so sorry... keep trying and you shall find a better match !!!

Tell her it's a sign and that you two should actually be together. Then sleep with her. Then move on.

jts2 3

Who? WHO WAS IT?! The suspense is killing me!

perdix 29

Yeah. Me, too! I'm stumped by this mystery. I'm guessing either Kate Gosselin or Jenny Sanford? Am I close? I gots to know!

i agree with #6 :) but still 2 years of trying to win someone back is way too much!!!

perdix 29

Now you have objective, analytic data proving that you must stalk her. The computer doesn't lie.

Maybe it is because when you filled out the questionnaire you answered every question by giving her name.