By TheJuggla17 - 22/12/2009 05:45 - United States

Today, I put in an application to my local market for a job that I desperately needed. I was talking to the manager, he seemed pleased with my application and said he'll call me. As he walks into his private office, I hear the sound of a paper shredder. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 097
You deserved it 2 625

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There is no other paper in his entire office except for your resume.

Comments

I agree that you don't necessarily know it's your resume, but if you think it was maybe you should work on your application skills.

Go back in and ask to see your resume. Even if they don't hire you they still need to keep your resume on file for a certain amount of time. I don't know the exact punishments if they don't but you can still get them in shit if they dont have it.

lol sure thing, let's encourage him to share his paranoia with his potential employer.

You do realize that most employers keep applications on file for a minimum of 18 months before tossing them, right? Even if the interview goes bad, because they tend to jot notes and a final decision, so if you were to reapply, they would have it on record that they really didn't want you in the first place...

xx_irish_rose_xx 0

didnt mean he was shredding your application

I know in my state at least it's illegal to destroy applications for a set period of time (and it's a bit longer than 10 seconds lol). Personally I think that is a stupid law but most higher-ups take it seriously so chances are it wasn't your application.

jons_phucked 0
xenomorph 0

It could be someone else's application that yours replaces.

This is such a dumb FML. Unless you saw it shredded you have nothing to say that your life sucks. As others have pointed out it's pretty much required to keep applications for a certain time, and even if it wasn't there are a million other things that could have been.