By Anonymous - 05/10/2013 06:56 - United States - Seattle

Today, I pretended to be deaf to a door to door salesman. He knew sign language. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 038
You deserved it 52 921

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Pretended to be deaf, end up looking dumb... Sounds about fair.

Comments

Why didn't you just tell the man thank you, but I am not interested?or you could have said you didn't have the money. I tell telemarketers all the time, I'm a college student with thousands in debt, I can't afford it; have a nice day.

instead of just telling them no I'm not interested you pretend to be deaf, wow that's messed up OP no sympathy here for you that's just wrong on every level.

I used to go door to door selling newspaper subscriptions. It was always weird suddenly trying to sell something to someone I just met. A simple, "No, thanks" and I was happy to move right along. I'm nearly positive that the few subscriptions I sold were because people had pity on me.

Espolax 8

Maybe he was pretending to know sign language because he knew you weren't actually deaf

haha i normally try to sale them an old lamp or something when they come to my door

If going deaf fails, you go into retard-o mode. Start twitching your head & peel back your teeth.... Easy!!! :)

Kristoffer 35

Whatever happened to telling someone honestly that you're not interested in their wares? Why have we resorted to subterfuge and trickery to try and get them to leave? Is it still not effective to say, "sorry, not interested" and if they persist, to say "leave now, you're trespassing"? Can you not still call the police and have them arrested if they fail to comply?

I swear someone posted this FML before.

Did you know sign language is not universal? There are different signs for the same word in my language.