By cartrouble - 02/10/2009 05:51 - United States

Today, I picked my car up from the shop. After 5 minutes I noticed the oil and check engine light on. I pulled over, then the engine shut off completely. Turns out they forgot to put oil back in my car. I'll be needing a new engine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 123
You deserved it 2 845

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It was their mistake, their damage, they'll cover the cost. Bring it up to them with proof, escalate the problem if needbe, and go to court if it gets that far (it won't, they'll fix it).

dul_fml 2

They should be willing to compensate for that, but FYL for having to wait for that process to be complete.

Comments

FlaminYawn 0

Not First, thank God. First posters are losers, like the first people who show up at the club...but they'll definitely fix your car, and if they refuse you sue them and you'll win.

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

here, the first posters are the loser teenagers who stay in on Friday nights trying to think up "witty" comments on message boards to impress other lonely teenagers. This all happens when regular teens are hanging out with their friends and having a good time. its sad actually.

But in the end, we're all on this website. Why so much hate and saying 'it's sad'? It's only sad if you have an actual opinion about it, and feel the need to express it by saying 'it's sad' or 'oh you're so pathetic'. Real people with lives shouldn't care about that sort of stuff and shouldn't feel the need to compare themselves to other people's choices on what they do at night and especially, online. P.S. Doesn't the average person spend more time in front of the TV and computer more then anything else anyway? Where are all these kids going out at night, every night? It's Thursdsay for me too. Must be a minority of kids who go out every night.

expen_dable 0

its okay to have no life redbluegreen, you have more time to photoshop weird pictures of half your face and then think of some emo song quote to caption them with on your myspace.

Tsk tsk! The first sign of having no life is bullying others on the interwebz!

thatpianoguy612 0

Wow. Way to get butthurt by redbluegreen's completely accurate response.

DORFA_DOO 0

thatpianoguy, according to redbluegreen you too have no life because you care and are expressing an opinion about it. its funny how you guys are desperately defending yourselves while saying that people who care are the losers. whatever helps you sleep (or stay on FML) at night.

#32, Your snappy little comeback would have been much better had it been accurate. It really doesn't take much time (nor does it take Photoshop, for that matter) to crop a picture. Oh, but hey, it's a good thing you don't have any plans for today. Now you have more time to insult random people you don't know online. You're really, completely NOT a loser, unlike people who prefer to be at home.

If they don't cover it... SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE SUE!

And this is why you should change your own oil. Even if your landlord won't allow it and you have to take it to the mechanic, you always double check to make sure they filled it to the right level. Not really a YDI but it could have easily been prevented

friscobuff 0

YDI for bringing your car to a cheap shop!

airbornerose 0
shancus 0

O bummer. They will pay for it though

The devil went down to Georgia, He was looking for a soul to steal. . . but, evidently, not a brain, because those things are hard to find down there. And the quality of the ones he would find? Tainted by inbreeding. That is just straight out incompetence and neglect on the part of the shop, but driving around with red lights on your dashboard is the topper! You ought to forget about getting a car, you ought to be carted around on public transportation, like a bus. A short bus.

Um, all you "YDI for driving around with your dash lights on" people are morons. It clearly says she saw the light on and PULLED OVER. It didn't say she noticed the light on, drove around for 10 more miles, then decided to pull over. And yes, it could take 5 min for the light to come on. I had a similar situation where they didn't forget to put the oil in, but didn't attach the plug underneath properly and all the oil spilled out as I was driving (and before you say anything, it was at night on a country road with no lights so I didn't see it happen) and I was half way home before the light came on. So it might be a similar situation. I highly doubt she drove with the light on for 5 min and didn't see it. It's pretty obvious.

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

That plexico guy is trying so hard to be "cool" and "witty" that it's painful to read. Is this what you do every Friday night?

O hai, Plexico! I made sandwiches. Want one?

OOOH! Sandwiches? Can I have one? =D I'll give you a cupcake. ^-^

Of course! I've got candy and juice too.

Why use that one? Ever hear the Cledus T. Judd parody, "Cledus went down to Florida"? It was about him stealing a Ford Pinto from a dealer's lot and then having it fall apart in a police chase. Makes more sense in this case. OK, I officially have no life ;-(

Thanks, RBG, I'd like a sandwich and some candy, please, but no, thank you, on the juice. pixie, do you have a cupcake for me? Kukua, I can accept that a Check Engine light can come on after several minutes of delay, but the oil pressure is so critical that it would be monitored continuously and the light would illuminate immediately upon a low reading. You had a slow leak, so there was a delay until the oil level fell low enough to trigger the idiot light. The OP has no oil, so it is not credible that the oil light wasn't on immediately.

Of course I have a cupcake for you, Plex. =)

ts actually friday afternoon where I live

Oh? It's Friday morning now for me! Shame on people for not noticing time differences!