By occam's pube-razor - 05/09/2015 04:26 - United States - Buena Vista

Today, I parked my car, went to pay for my spot, and returned to my car only to find a parking violation ticket tucked under the windshield wipers. This all happened in less than a minute. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 683
You deserved it 1 990

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm pretty sure you can get an appeal under your circumstance. My friend had a similar situation and was able to get away without paying the ticket.

That is a quick ticket officer. I wonder if they were just waiting for you to leave your car before they ambushed you with a ticket.

Comments

surely there's cameras on the premises? appeal and ask them to watch the footage if need be, maybe then they'll believe you!

Maybe you could go to the parking attendant and let them know what happened. I am sure they will let it go

The ticket person is suppose to look and make sure no one is at the meter paying to park you should be able to fight it and I think your suppose to get like 5 min to pay for parking

theamazingd 17

I work at parking at my school, and the way we check the payed visitor spots is that we print out a report from the ticket machine. That said, there's a good chunk of time in which we're out checking on the spots the machine says are unpaid for, and it's totally possible that someone can pull in and go pay while we're still working on that list. So, it's possible that that sort of thing happened to you, OP. As some other folks pointed out, you should keep your parking receipt and ticket and take the two to whomever is responsible for parking where you are, and appeal it.

lordgimp 6

If you're serious about the whole incident being under a minute, then you're fine. I was ticketed at my local college once, but i had already bought a parking pass. Took the ticket and the pass to administration, they looked at the times on the pass and the ticket, and i never saw that ticket again.