By Anonymous - 22/03/2012 06:40 - Australia - Saint Marys

Today, I overheard a girl and a guy sitting behind me on the bus who were talking about Skyrim, one of my favourite games. After a while, I turned around and, as a fellow gamer, thanked them for restoring my faith in humanity. They went very quiet. I'm now that weird guy on the bus. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 833
You deserved it 38 617

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I used to be that guy, then I took an arrow to the knee

Relax. You were probably that weird guy on the bus WAY before this incident.

Comments

It was a single incident. Don't let it destroy your faith in humanity. In my 60 years I flung myself at Star Trek, SCA, AD&D, Magic the Gathering, and Epona. In each one there came a time(or times) when my enthusiasm got the better of my discretion. I'm happy to report there were way more positive responses than negative. One got a standing ovation!

YDI, don't butt it to other peoples conversations!

Lvl 60 warrior/ thief with over 150 hours of my life well spent on skyrim

melrose90210 10

They definitely thin you're a creeper now

Wait, what? People talking about Skyrim restored your faith in humanity? How? There are a lot of us gamers out there and a huge chunk of us have played Skyrim and also use public transport. It's hardly a rarity. >_> Anyway! The problem isn't that you spoke to strangers on the bus after overhearing their conversation, it's what you said. I'd have gone dead quiet too. If you'd turned around and said "Hey, sorry to interrupt, but I couldn't help overhearing..." and then said something smart/funny/relevant then it wouldn't have been nearly so weird. You might even have made a friend.

You may be weird, OP, but at least you didn't take a sword through the chest.