By Kpotassium - 19/12/2016 21:58 - Canada - Sudbury

Today, I noticed that my two cats have been urinating on my Christmas tree skirt more frequently than in their litter box. I've tried to get them to stop, but I don't know how. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 093
You deserved it 1 071

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Take up the Christmas tree skirt, and either wash it in a really good product designed to break down the enzymes in cat urine. Set it aside, see if they pee on it again, if they do, buy a new one because they won't stop. Rub lemon peel on the skirt, or put catnip on it. The first will ward them away, the second will get them stoned/high whenever they go near it and make them wander off away from it.

Comments

Take up the Christmas tree skirt, and either wash it in a really good product designed to break down the enzymes in cat urine. Set it aside, see if they pee on it again, if they do, buy a new one because they won't stop. Rub lemon peel on the skirt, or put catnip on it. The first will ward them away, the second will get them stoned/high whenever they go near it and make them wander off away from it.

The catnip will attract cats, not repel them.

...Did you not read the "will make them high/stoned and make them wander away" part? Because it works for most cases, and even if they DO decide to stay on the skirt, they are way less likely to piss on it unless they have bladder problem, because they will be laying on it. When cats are under the effects of catnip, they tend to go to a different spot than they get exposed in.

Washing it with white vinegar in addition to your normal detergent will get the smell out. Then there are also sprays that will deter them from wanting to use it again.

I definitely know the feeling. I am a cat person even though cats are total jerks at times. Perhaps you can spray a thing on the three that smells bad for cats? There are certain products made to help in situations like this. Get a spray with a gross strench that cats hate (It won't necessarily smell bad to you)

Squeeze few lemons and mix the juice with water. Spray all over the tree. It will smell nice and cats will hate it.

itssnotfunny 24

Surround the tree with pop rocks, that oughtta scare them away.

It may repel them after the first time, but that first time may cause them to run away while peeing

Step 1: get a dog. Step2: get rid of cats.

haveyou000 22

Well THAT'S an unreturnable gift if there was one.

Grab your cat and rub their nose in it

Burn the tree skirt. Treat the tree and the new skirt with a retail product that repels cats.

Throw the cats out. Problem solved. Relax.