By SApprentice - 19/12/2012 05:02 - United States - Harrisonburg

Today, I noticed one of my neighbors has decided to place an old toilet in the middle of their front lawn. Another one has had a kitchen sink in their driveway for a year, and yet another has a sofa in their grass. These are the people who taunt me for just walking my cat outside on a leash. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 649
You deserved it 9 820

SApprentice tells us more.

SApprentice 34

I walk my cat on a leash and harness, instead of letting him roam, because I love him and do not want him to become lost to me. He really enjoys it and actually begs at the door to go for his walk. My neighbors are just trashy. They sit on their porches and loudly talk about the people who go by, which includes me whenever I try to walk my cat before I go to work. They are disturbingly proud of themselves, and seem to feed off of each other, with each malicious comment earning praise and support from their group. I... I just hate them so much. They don't seem to do anything. I don't know what they do for work. They're just always sitting on one of two porches, being dicks to everyone and adding new tidbits of trash to the landscape.

Top comments

godisnowhere41 5

I hate to break it to you, but it's quite possible you're living near white trash

Comments

It looks like your neighbors have placed everything outside but the kitchen sink! Well actually, including the bathroom sink!

Kallian_fml 21

Actually, it was a kitchen sink.

You clearly live in one of those southern states...

strawberrywine22 30

Why? I live in northern California and my neighbor has a truck engine, part of a toilet, and a bath tub full of dead flowers in her front yard. Crazy is everywhere, my friend.

BubbleGrunge 18

I live in Tennessee, and if the lawns aren't manicured perfectly than you're given attitude and talked about. Stereotypes aren't fun!!

I am from Oklahoma and I've yet to live next to lawns like this. You must be a liberal. See...assuming isn't fun!

Im no expert, but im pretty sure your cat hates you

Them there yokels are just jealous of your fine, feline pussy

jthmtwin 16

Walk your kitty with pride he needs the exercise and the stimulation :)

wagne057 6

Does that count as a public toilet then?

crazytwinsmom 25

I wouldn't be surprised if someone did try to use it as such.

Yes #31 when you mix said comment with being overly tired and drink then yes yes it is

Now hold up your Pabst Blue Ribbon, look at the camera and say: I'm white trash and I'm in trouble.

Isn't PBR for hipsters? I know it's the same acronym as professional bull riding, but I thought bud was the beer of choice for rednecks.

PBR has become very popular in bars. Everyone that's ordered it from me have been old men that claim it-- reminds them of the very first beer they drank. Plus it's usually cheaper than all the other beers and actually tastes pretty good.(:

perdix 29

I went to the Pabst Theater in downtown Milwaukee. It is a beautiful, luxurious, classical theater. Amongst the snooty wines that were for sale, they also sold PBR. You gotta remember what built the theater in the first place. And, yes, I did have one when I watched The Moth show.

echosaints 5

Just because your neighbors are white trash doesn't make walking your cat on a leash less weird.

Why not? My cat is an indoor cat who won't go in a cat carrier. If we're going anywhere, he goes on leash and harness. Sometimes he sits outside for awhile on a warm day. I worked at the local veterinarian long enough to see what was happening to my neighbourhood outdoor cats. They were stolen, hit by cars, killed by other animals, or shot at by other people. Plus a lot of irresponsible people let their unfixed cats outdoors - which means getting piles of kittens that probably won't have homes. Outdoor cats also poop in gardens and sandboxes, which is really unsanitary. There's an unfixed male around here that sprays everything - if you leave your bike out? Sprayed. Shovels, rakes, etc? A Sprayed. Even the cars get sprayed. I'd consider someone taking their cat out on a leash as opposed to just letting them loose to be a responsible pet owner. My cat is perfectly happy indoors, he's sixteen now, he likes to get some air on the front porch in the summer when the windows are open, but he's perfectly content to be inside. I also have a border collie, and when the cat wants exercise... He just pesters the dog and the chase is on! And because my dog is a complete idiot he falls for it every time.

lmaouloser 5

I have to disagree with you, I've had 3 cats now, and they were all outdoor cats. One of them we got when he was 9, so there was no way to change him but the other two we got as kittens. So we decided to neuter them and that's all we had done. They're very friendly cats and they're certainly not dumb. And we let them go outside for the experience and to make cat friends, which sounds stupid, but it's nice to see the neighbourhood cats running around together and play fighting. And of course there are risks, but I think of it this way, would you keep a child inside 24/7? Oh, and cats bury their poo. We have litter trays for our cats but we also let them go outside to do it and you don't even know they have done it. Otherwise our small garden would be filled with crap:') It's not like I oppose people having indoor cats, I just think it'a nicer for the cats to be outdoors:)