By SApprentice - 19/12/2012 05:02 - United States - Harrisonburg

Today, I noticed one of my neighbors has decided to place an old toilet in the middle of their front lawn. Another one has had a kitchen sink in their driveway for a year, and yet another has a sofa in their grass. These are the people who taunt me for just walking my cat outside on a leash. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 649
You deserved it 9 820

SApprentice tells us more.

SApprentice 34

I walk my cat on a leash and harness, instead of letting him roam, because I love him and do not want him to become lost to me. He really enjoys it and actually begs at the door to go for his walk. My neighbors are just trashy. They sit on their porches and loudly talk about the people who go by, which includes me whenever I try to walk my cat before I go to work. They are disturbingly proud of themselves, and seem to feed off of each other, with each malicious comment earning praise and support from their group. I... I just hate them so much. They don't seem to do anything. I don't know what they do for work. They're just always sitting on one of two porches, being dicks to everyone and adding new tidbits of trash to the landscape.

Top comments

godisnowhere41 5

I hate to break it to you, but it's quite possible you're living near white trash

Comments

It sounds like you're neighbours with Honey Boo Boo. You better redneckognize!!!!

I live in an area where you would probably get beaten or stabbed for walking a cat on a lead.

lksdliz 9

C'mon, admit it. WEST Virginia.

your supposed to walk your cat in your pants

ElleYW 10

Ok I admit your neighbors are assholes..but who walks a cat?!

SApprentice 34

I walk my cat on a leash and harness, instead of letting him roam, because I love him and do not want him to become lost to me. He really enjoys it and actually begs at the door to go for his walk. My neighbors are just trashy. They sit on their porches and loudly talk about the people who go by, which includes me whenever I try to walk my cat before I go to work. They are disturbingly proud of themselves, and seem to feed off of each other, with each malicious comment earning praise and support from their group. I... I just hate them so much. They don't seem to do anything. I don't know what they do for work. They're just always sitting on one of two porches, being dicks to everyone and adding new tidbits of trash to the landscape.

Good for you with the cat-walking, seriously. I don't see why people think it's weird - some cats love it.

missnuthin 10

i'd walk my cat, except she has a compromised immune system due to a small medical problem, and can't go outside at all. on the other hand, sorry your neighbors are such jerks :( try moving here to the Portland area. We LIKE interesting people!

sorry OP, that really sucks. maybe you should talk to some of the other neighbours and you can collectively file a complaint of some sort or maybe it's just time to move.

I get it OP, I used to walk my cat, same way you do, same reasons, and got made fun of for it. He's been with us for 3 years and we live in a small neighborhood, so we decided at last to just let him become an outdoor cat, because he knows now what our house looks like. I don't know how long you've had your cat, but you could try that. Just be careful your neighbors aren't dicks to him.

You walk your cat... On a leash... It's a ******* cat... You're lucky they didn't put the toilet in your yard and shit in it, reading your morning paper...

Life_sucks_13 6

Lucky! I've always wanted to walk my cat but she's deathly afraid of being outside! It's okay OP! They have trashy yards!