By Mayo - 04/12/2018 13:30

Today, I met one of my favorite fitness models. She told me I need to get in shape. I weigh 150lbs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 419
You deserved it 433

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Weighing 150lbs doesn't mean anything. Are you 5'2"? 6'4"? Male? Female? Do you have a gut or a six pack? Weight, without other variables, is useless for telling what sort of shape you are in.

Shaik Shamir 7

You can still be out of shape even if you aren't over/underweight

Comments

Weighing 150lbs doesn't mean anything. Are you 5'2"? 6'4"? Male? Female? Do you have a gut or a six pack? Weight, without other variables, is useless for telling what sort of shape you are in.

It says that OP is male, and unless he actually is 5'2" 150lbs is not an unhealthy weight. Regardless, fitness model or not it's damn rude to tell someone they need to get in shape without being asked.

It’s their job to tell people to get in shape.

it’s literally not their job. they’re models, not doctors or fitness TRAINERS.

Yeah, but Male is surely the default, so I thought I'd ask. 150 is also an unhealthy weight for 6'8". Fitness goes in multiple directions. A fitness model's job probably does entail telling people to get in shape. I couldn't name a single fitness model, I'm not entirely sure what they would do but I'm imagining either a youtube 'star' who makes workout videos or someone who poses in Men's/Women's Health magazines and things like that. Getting people to use their products is their job.

Shaik Shamir 7

You can still be out of shape even if you aren't over/underweight

chessu 21

I weigh about 140lbs (63kg in normal people units) and while I have some muscle mass I am DEFINITELY not fit and have still loads of fat to lose. Weight itself means nothing.

CurmudgeonCrunch 7

Fitness models literally make money from telling other people they’re not good enough and to buy whatever they’re selling.

I’m 5’5” 135lbs and in HORRIBLE shape. Winded at the drop of a hat, can’t run worth crap, can’t lift. Your weight means next to nothing without more info.

onceuponatime456 16

The first question I have is, "how tall are you?" Just because you weigh 150 lbs, it does not mean you are in shape. If you are 5' tall and 150 you are FAT and need to lose some weight. If you are 6' tall and 150 then you need to gain a few lbs. Either way, your weight does not really determine your fitness.

My first question was "You have a favorite fitness model?" I didn't know that was a thing.

5’3, 120lbs and definitely not in shape lol.

IrieStorm 9

There's a lot more factors to take into account than weight when talking about overall fitness.

Tell her she needs to put some meat on her bones cuz you’re a plumpa-humpa. More cushion, more pushin’— know what I mean ;)