By Whybother - 20/09/2016 08:13 - United States - Hilo

Today, I'm jobless and picked up transcription work online. I typed furiously all day. I have made a grand total of $2.06. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 637
You deserved it 1 371

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's a start! You might make $4 tomorrow :)

At this rate, you're REALLY going to be able to splurge when you eventually pick up those wrist splints you'll need for carpal tunnel syndrome!

Comments

Pretty sure if you read the Terms and Conditions you could have worked out your pay rate. YDI.

You'll probably get to minimum wage once you hit 1000 words a minute. Try not looking at your hands.

Hey $2 is better than none. Hell yah for trying and not going to straight to an agency for any kinda help

LittleLittlered7 6

I have a medical office work associate's and cannot get a job bc they hire their wives, daughters, or ppl on probation to "give them a chance". I was going to try transcription bc you can make good money but most don't. Do you get paid by the word?

Sounds like about the same amount I made a year ago. I make more now thankfully.

So you are joining the nearly 50% percent of the population in the usa who rely on some sort of gov funding?? Please don't..id suggest looking in paper and be careful of online job applications use accredited sites

Okay, first off, those are some out of date statistics, mate. Those are from the last quarter of 2011, when the entire USA was still pretty much smack dab in the middle of a recession- and if you're using data I think you are, that includes things like government distributed disability wages. You know, the ones people pay into in order to access in case they become unable to work? Projected numbers are around 21% to 24%, for last year if I remember correctly. Two, people who access government funded programs (you know, the ones funded using the taxes they and their ancestors who lived in the USA paid) tend to have enough issues without people trashing them. Especially when the person doing said harassing and insulting know nothing of their situation, and imply that the person is lazy, instead of doing the logical thing and assuming there is a reason they are using a government program.

Sounds like handing out resumes would have been a better use of your time. Hell, even McDonalds sounds better

If you have any relatives outside of Hawaii, I would try to get off your feet by moving in with them. Hawaii is the most expensive place to live, in America according to a Business Insider article that came out today. California is second.

Holy shit people, maybe stop shredding someone who is obviously desperate? One: Not many online sites that offer jobs like this allow negotiations of pay. And it sounds like OP is desperate enough that that is what they're using. Two: Jobs aren't easy to find, why do you think so many people on this site keep crap jobs with crap pay and crap employers?

quarterweek 13