By kdriver - 12/09/2016 14:44 - Canada - Oakville

Today, I'm fostering a very shy cat who doesn't like to be held. I had to move the litter box to another room, but when I picked him up to show him where I'd moved it to, he peed on me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 407
You deserved it 1 743

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The cat isnt shy, it is nervous. Shy is something we humans are, cats are nervous and that why it pees on you. To make sure you let go and it can run away again.

If he got used to it being in a specific place, he may not have an easy time adjusting. In my experience, most cats have a very strong dislike of changes in their environment or routines. It's not impossible to get him adjusted, but it might not be the most fun thing in the world, especially if he's nervous already.

Comments

Our "Outside" cat we took inside did the same to me except he scratched and bit me!

DragonRain3390 4

Ok...no offense, but seriously...doesn't like to be picked up, and you did it anyway...?

In my case, he has no issues with being picked up, he just got scared and freaked without warning. It's the first time it's ever happened. He was a neighborhood stray we started feeding and taking to the vet as needed for years. We had him neutered and eventually brought him in and are seeing if he and our "indoor" cat can learn to live together.

What cat? You mean the other white meat that's still walking, don't you like chicken chow mein fresh? It's time to walk it down to the nearest pet shelter. I had a dog but how people have gave it away because I couldn't understand how people have feelings for pets.

If this is a serious comment, there are so many things wrong with it and it implies there are just as many issues-if not more- wrong with you. If you are serious, kindly stay away from animals, children, and living beings in general.