By Anonymous - 25/03/2011 03:36 - United States

Today, I'm babysitting three children under the age of seven. They have no discipline, don't listen, scream all the time, won't nap, terrorize my dog, and have peed their pants a collective 5 times today. I am not getting paid for this. Their mother has no plans to come get them any time soon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 672
You deserved it 9 725

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why did u agree to it in the first place.

MrLaryRottweila 1

YDI for not doing it for no reason. I mean I would understand if it were your mom

Comments

So long as this isn't a relative, what you SHOULD do is call child services. You list your location as Washington (US), so I assume you're in the state. The phone number for Washington state child services (abuse & neglect) is 1-866-363-4276. Call them and report child abandonment. If I'm wrong and you are in Washington DC, call (202) 671-SAFE. A mother who abandons her children should be reported - she will be punished by the law for her abandonment (typically parenting classes & fines) and the children will be put into safe, appropriate, and educational situations until she is deemed fit to resume her duties.

don't be a dumbass. The mother has not abandoned her children. Falsely reporting somebody for child neglect or abandonment just to get back at them is the height of immaturity.

Crud, my reply was added as a new post instead. Thought they fixed that bug. In any case, Lila, when the post says that their mother has no intention of picking them up any time soon, it reads to me like "She's dropped them off and run, and isn't coming back". If you read it a different way, then that's your prerogative...but I'm responding to the OP, and giving advice based upon what she has said. If she want's good responses, her post should have been less alarmist and more factual (if I am reading it wrong).

Sorry, Lilabear--it DOES fit the definition of child abandonment. You don't get to dump your kids off with somebody and get around to reclaiming them when you feel like it. Sucks if that spoils your plans for the weekend.

ReynshineCutting 10

OP probably didn't word it the best but in a lot of cases if you're babysitting, the parents will give you a time frame of when they'll be home, not an exact time. These kids' mom could be out running errands all day and has no clue when she'll be home. Again, OP didn't word it very well but "anytime soon" could just mean in the next hour or two, not necessarily that day. That's what sucks about the word limit on FML. You can't give the whole story so people just get confused. Or maybe there was an emergency and the mom needed to drop them quick and run to the hospital or something and doesn't know how long they'll be there. We just don't know.

From the OP: "Their mother has no plans to come get them any time soon. FML"

irockusuck123 3

why did u do this for nothing?

leave em at the fire department, lol

ccano28 0

man u always charge no matter who it is. family maybe. think before you agree with something

No wonder she doesn't want to get them anytime soon. I only has to deal with screaming kids.

Blondiebee88 0

Watching monsters that aren't yours with no compensation? yeah fyl, but you got yourself there enjoy slavery!

**** that I don't do kids, I'd better b gettin paid serious money for those brats or no deal

Call the mom and tell her if she does not come today then you will call D.S.S. Department of Social Services. Then do it.