By Anonymous - 20/09/2014 15:28 - Sweden - Kung?lv

Today, I looked up my childhood bully on Facebook, hoping she'd gone fat and ugly. Turns out she's drop-dead gorgeous and very successful. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 133
You deserved it 14 080

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYL because you're still wasting time thinking about the past instead of moving on.

"An ugly personality destroys a pretty face"

Comments

Just give it time. The karma is building up so when it hits, it hits hard.

Yep. Moral of the story: be a bully and you'll be pretty. Have at it, insecure teenage girls!

sweetnsourrr 11

No matter what she did to you never wish the worse for her, don't be like the person she was. Im sorry, no one should have to go through that and Hopefully, she's a better person now

brendejafulable 41

And if she wasn't, you would become the bully. You're no better.

After who knows how many years, OP is suddenly a bully just for hoping she turned ugly? Wow!

titandesu 14

they never said that they would go over there and make fun of them if their life was shit it would just be a tiny victory knowing that karma actually worked

If karma actually worked every FML status would be 'you deserved it'

she probably just sucked a lot of dicks to get where she is now

having sex, doesn't make someone attractive. your genes do. -.-

OP never said anything about who the bully is with...who's to say she isn't with a sugar daddy that buys her everything including plastic surgery? You know as much about the OP as I do

It wouldn't be a bad idea to move on with your life and make the most of it. Living in the past is no way to live at all

Being pretty doesn't always mean you're happy. A lot of good looking people are very insecure and/or very unhappy op.

Call me a witch, but you deserve it. Aside from the fact you're no better for wishing bad upon somebody else, why do you care what a mean girl from your childhood is currently doing? I'm not at all excusing her actions back then, but even had she become fat and/or broke and ugly... and? So? What then? How would your life alter? Would it change the past bullying? Would that make YOU any skinnier or any more attractive? Your cyber-stalking her and desire to take pride in her misery says more about you and your character than it does her. (*For those of you thinking I'm taking sides, no - I was bullied myself... even physically. I've just realized that life moves on and I refuse to spend time or energy on people who couldn't care less about me*)

toomanyidiots 14

It could be considered karma if her bully became unattractive and unsuccessful...

You can't blame someone for wanting to check up on their past. Yes it is wrong to wish rude things on people, but sometimes to move into the future you have to look into the past. And just saying, I'm pretty sure that 99% of us has wished something unlucky on a person we dislike, it's built into human nature and not necessarily our fault if we are only being human. (And no I am not taking sides in this either.)

ChristianH39 30

Karma is a belief, It can work any damn way you want to believe it does.

your previous post would argue that you're taking side's.

Well, we've all been through some Shit, everyone can agree on that. But revenge is simply human nature. Sure, it doesn't fix anything, but gaining pleasure from seeing someone who worsened your life greatly in a bad situation isn't a sin, isn't something to go crazy over, it's human. And if you don't gain any pleasure from Karma, you're either a Buddhist, or an alien. and I suggest you go back to your hippie planet.

Laurenlou 24

23- I agree 100%! OP shouldn't be wishing bad upon the bully. Its not human nature. Its a choice. You can choose to get down on the same level as the bully, or you can choose to take the high road and wish them well! I was bullied in middle school and it took a huge toll on how I saw myself. By the time I got to high school, I had learned how to ignore it. I know that right now those girls who spread horrible lies about me haven't changed their ways and are still hurting others, but I do pray that they do change for the better. I've seen several bullies change and it's very plausible and possible. OP's bully may have changed since they were young. As of right now, OP is bullying the bully, so, in my opinion, OP deserves it.

No it's a Hindu belief where your good deeds ensure a better life when your reincarnated, you can't play around with religious beliefs, it doesn't work like that

I don't think the OP can be considered a bully if they haven't said or done anything to OP's old bully. True it's wrong to wish horrible things upon them but it happens every now and again. Bullies change sometimes. In fact I was bullied, they even tried to drown me once at a swimming party. The guy now is actually really nice and I don't think ill of him.

ChristianH39 30

85 it's a belief that western culture has popularized and adapted. Besides, religious beliefs aren't any more above interpretation than any others. One shouldn't be discriminated against for them, but when it comes down to it all religion or lack thereof is just glorified opinions. So believe what you want.

85 - If you couldn't "play around" with religious beliefs then Islam and Christianity wouldn't exist...

#29 I just want to point out that what OP did was not “checking up on their past” in order to move on. Checking up on her past would’ve been just checking the profile to see what was up in the bully’s life (whether she seemed nicer, whether she changed appearances in any way, etc) and letting whatever she found help her move on. However what OP did (going on FB to SPECIFICALLY check whether her past bully was fat and ugly) was just OP searching for a sense of revenge/justice. I don’t think OP is necessarily a horrible person though, because I do agree with you that most people will wish unluckiness on someone now and then. It happens. I just hope this will teach her not to let her own happiness be dependent on another person’s unhappiness.

Beauty is only skin deep OP! Just because she is pretty on the outside, doesn't mean she is on the inside! Which she clearly isn't considering she bullied you in school.