By Anonymous - 12/06/2013 16:47 - United States - Trenton

Today, I left my dog in the car while I quickly ran into a store. I came out to a woman smashing at my window, screaming that it was too hot in the car for the dog and saying I was being inhumane. The car was still running and the air conditioning was on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 703
You deserved it 9 084

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fieldhockeygal97 19

Sue her for damages and call the police!

Greatesteever 1

Lol she really thought she was saving the dog.

Comments

cranker08 10

Please let us know what happened!

I see this so many times at work it actually becomes irritating. They will walk by and literally look all around and through a car and be like... this person doesn't have a water bowl out for the dog, the windows aren't cracked low enough for the dog, and the list literally goes on to the point they want the police called on these people. I mean I can understand if it is in the 100s... but we're talking about low 80s... its crazy.

even at 70 degrees outside, the inside of the car heats up quick. I see this all the time when pets are brought into the clinic I work at for heat stroke. the sun still shines on the car, causing it to heat up inside.

Quiet_one 22

I've seen the same thing, 136. Even if it's a perfectly comfortable temperature outside (even as low as 70 degrees), the inside of the car- which is essentially just a huge metal box- acts like an oven when it's sitting in the sun and there's no fresh air flowing through it. Children and dogs die all the time from irresponsible people leaving them in hot cars for "just a few minutes." It doesn't have to be unbearably hot outside for this to be a problem. In this specific case though, the woman was an idiot because she should have noticed the car was still running.

gothmo 8

I hope you never own a dog, or any animal, I'd be worried about it being left in the car. That's just terrible. Dogs run hotter already, but leaving a car in the sun in the LOW 80's?? That may feel fine to you when you're outside but inside the car it's STIFLING and the dog's fur doesn't help, not to mention the fact they don't sweat, so their only real means to cool off it panting.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
mkid232 15

Oh my gosh, it's the crazy woman's sister!

Either you're a troll, or I sincerely hope you get mauled.

You are pretty much the definition of batshit crazy! If you're so worried about animal welfare, why don't you get your ass off the computer and tend to your 87 cats!

let's go through this: ac will be cooler than the outside temp when its spring, summer or fall... So, by you breaking the window: you've just heated up the inside of the car AND exposed the animals to broken glass which they might think looks like ice and try to eat it. GOOD JOB. you've now put the animal in more danger than it was in by RAISING the temperature and giving them something harmful to possibly ingest.

YeahYeahYeahOK 6

Some people are just nuts. Sorry you had to deal with a nutjob OP.

Animals are extremely sensitive to threats and danger. Her action of smashing at the car, would have not only extremely startled the dog it is well possible that it develops anxiety/trauma related symptoms in the future. Worst case scenario, it becomes so emotionally unstable that it becomes aggressive and reclusive, which may or may not end up in being forced to put down the poor dog by law. I know this seems like a lot and a big leap from one incident, but trust me, this actually happened to my friend's dog. Also, was she so dumb that she couldn't figure out the more immediate consequences such as smashing a window could physically hurt the dog? I really hate those people who claim/act to be so moral that they their actions are in some way justified and that they don't have any consequences.

1. You're stupid for leaving your keys in the ignition 2. Could be worse... You could be as stupid as her Lawl

In defense of the crazy lady freaking out... It is against the law in some states to leave an animal in a car for any amount of time, A/C on or not.

Lichinamo 33

But it could be legal in the OP's state

She should have called the police instead of smashing your window but I don't think she was wrong to be concerned. Although it's funny she didn't notice the car was running.

She should have minded her own business instead of calling the police or trying to smash the window. Smashing the window, regardless of her intention is a crime. I would have pressed charges if I found this lady banging on my window for attempted breaking and entering, just to teach her a lesson.

Could have been worse. Crazy lady smashes window. Frightened dog bolts out open window into traffic and gets hit by car thief trying to make quick getaway in op's car.

YDI. Leaving an unattended car with the keys in the ignition is asking for a break-in or theft, both of which would be very dangerous to your dog.

I have near field key fobs in my vehicle, which allow me to leave the vehicle running with the doors locked and the alarm active. Most new cars have this feature. There's nothing stupid about leaving the vehicle running and locked for a few minutes while you run into the store. It takes quite a bit more gas to start the vehicle then it does to keep it idle for 2 minutes.