By JiggaJayZ - 29/10/2012 18:10 - United States

Today, I jokingly asked my girlfriend what she got me for my half birthday, to which she replied "A baby." She was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 677
You deserved it 29 203

JiggaJayZ tells us more.

Nope she's prego. Broken condom. And we even took a morning after and that didn't work so yeah FML

Top comments

It's not completely her fault. It takes two to tango.

Wrap it before you tap it! Why would anyone have a half birthday?

Comments

Dammit, I'm sorry chipmunk, I tried thumbing you up, but apparently came in at the wrong angle. They should really make it so you can change which way you thumbed a comment :(

UncleMuscles 5

Don't return it, just regift it.

unknown_user5566 26

Look on the bright side, a baby is a gift that you'll have for the rest of your life. :)

Not exactly a bright side in this case.

unknown_user5566 26

It could be. I've known people who had unexpected pregnancies and they were upset at first, but after some time to process the situation, they became excited about it.

My parents didn't want to get pregnant with any of their children (they used birth control all three times and condoms), but they still tells us that we're the best thing to happen to her life. Just because the child wasn't planned won't mean that they won't love him/her :)

And I've known people who were unwanted kids and were messed up for life because of it. Neglectful parents, had to go to the foster care system, got abused there, the whole 9 yards. Drop the naive happy act.

unknown_user5566 26

58- How is this thread a "naive happy act"? No one said a positive outcome is absolutely what will happen in OP's situation, we just stated it's a possibility. Sorry if I prefer to see the cup as half full, instead of half empty.

Yes, that is a possibility but doesn't mean that all unplanned children are treated that way.

skyeyez9 24

What are you saying? The baby is better off being aborted vs the possibility of OP abusing his own child one day?

UncleMuscles 5

@106, don't you start that argument on here. Don't.

My daughter was an unexpected pregnancy, and I couldn't have been more excited. Then again, I wanted to be a father, I just wanted to wait until I was married, first. Ah, well. The best laid plans...

Maria_Obligacia 14

hey I too did not want to get pregnant and was rather upset about it. Well guess what, 25 years later, I can't IMAGINE my life without my wonderful son. Funny story, too, as I aged I no longer could have more babies, so if I didn't get that unwanted pregnancy back then, I might not have any kids ever. That happens a lot more often than you realize too. What looks like a pitiful mistake right now could be the most important, meaningful, happiest thing you ever done!

hapy_pig098 13

Maybe it dosent take too to tango

CharresBarkrey 15
secretsymbiote21 5

Shit happens. at least she didn't hide it from you for a while. what is a half birthday ?

I'll give you three guesses, and the first two don't count

conholio33 28

Congrats.... But remeber it takes 2 to tango

well, its only half her fault that she got pregnant, but its her fault she announced it in such a bad way

YDI for actually expecting a present for a half birthday. I don't even know when my half birthday is, I thought the only people who cared about them were 6 year olds.

Re-read the FML, and pay extra attention to the word "jokingly."

he said he jokingly asked what she got for him, so I guess he didn't seriously expect a present

Some people actually have them if their birthday is close to major holidays like Christmas, that way they can have parties, feel special.

CharresBarkrey 15

Along the lines of what 130 said, I remember in elementary school we would celebrate half birthdays of students whose birthdays were during the summer. They were always left out of the class parties because of their summer birthdays.

Surprise! You're a daddy! If its yours, that is.