By Anonymous - 09/09/2014 16:47 - United States - Miami

Today, I invited my deadbeat dad over for dinner, hoping we could resolve our issues and build a proper relationship. Just minutes after he arrived, I caught him stealing money from my purse. He actually said I owe him for raising me. He ditched my mom and me when I was 5. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 926
You deserved it 4 181

Same thing different taste

Top comments

smilevue 23

Kudos to you for trying to fix your relationship with your dad. I'm really sorry that he disappointed you though. You don't need him in your life.

Somehow there will be YDIs on this post.

Comments

what an asshole. I hope you will forget this incident soon. Stay happy my dear.

I hope she doesn't so that she can refrain from giving him anymore chances. Sounds like he doesn't care about her.

Sounds like you owe him a punch in the face.

Kick the mans ass! He didn't deserve you and he still doesn't now.

Sometimes you just have to fire a parent. In 2005, after three decades I offered him a way to make amends; he has so far refused and I have continued to ignore all attempts at making contact. Frankly, it's been quite liberating.

iAmPaul 49

Sounds like it's time to move on. He's made irreparable harm to your relationship.

xivoricbutterfly 25

Im sorry op. He needs to pay you money for being a deadbeat.

_spacekid 11

It's sad that your own dad would steal from you, he's an inconsiderate bastard. But kudos to you for trying to fix the relationship.

Father of the year award goes to..... Your moms sperm donor. Sorry that you had to go through that . However you have the opportunity to make sure he doesn't come around again.

Some dumbshit clicking YDI..I'm sorry op but you definatly did not deserve it. He's a shit person for thinking that's the correct thing to do.

he deserves a knockout punch for leaving you and your mom when you are little kid..