By Anonymous - 21/08/2019 18:00

Today, I now have been dumped by 4 serious girlfriends in the last 5 years, each of them for the same reason: Being with me would have meant dealing with my mother who, without fail, asked each of them when we planned on marrying and having kids, every single week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 205
You deserved it 574

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm tempted to say YDI. Time to man up & tell mom to butt the hell out. Use language that will get her attention even if you offend her. Own your own life or she will.

Move out on your own and keep your girlfriend away from your mom. Tell her if she doesn’t behave civilly, she might only get minimal time with her grandkids, if any at all.

Comments

zeffra13 31

Why is she talking to your girlfriends weekly? Do you live at home, or does she visit or have their number/social media? I'm guessing she ignores any comments to mind her own business? You probably shouldn't tell your mom you're seeing anyone if that's the case. Move farther away if necessary and restrict her access to your social media.

Time to tell Mom to butt the hell out. If she doesn't learn boundaries now, things will just get worse.

tounces7 27

This is 100% on you, you obviously know what your mom is like at this point, and yet you continue to allow her to meddle in your life.

Your mother needs to learn about boundaries. Either she shuts up or she doesn't get to meet your GFs. Seriously.