By crop circle galore - 06/09/2014 02:36 - United States

Today, I had to take bus to work, because yesterday my car was hit by a bus. While standing there, I noticed the driver kept looking back at me every now and then. As I went to get off, he looks at me again and says: "Sorry..." FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 735
You deserved it 3 215

Same thing different taste

Top comments

therealjc_fml 14

He was a man about it though. Didn't hide, took the blame and owned it. If it was a sincere apology accept it. That shit happens all the time but most people usually run from it or assign blame elsewhere.

Comments

If you car gets hit by a bus u ask the driver out? WTF?

incoherentrmblr 21

^ Agreed, though it would make an interesting "How I Met Your Mother" story. Plot twist: He takes her out, his car get hit by a coach bus...

Well next time you see him, hit him with a brick! He should have paid you instead of hiding away!

The bus company is probably the party that's legally liable, not the bus driver.

therealjc_fml 14

That's what insurance is for. People don't drive with tens of thousands of dollars in a suitcase in their vehicles in case they accidentally hit another vehicle, then hand them what they think the damages are and go about their day. Way to think.

No its not a suitcase you see, its a bank account

You drive around with a bank account in your car?

I think the better question is, you have tens of thousands of dollars in your bank account?

Why would that be especially surprising 50? My old school is 40k per year

therealjc_fml 14

He was a man about it though. Didn't hide, took the blame and owned it. If it was a sincere apology accept it. That shit happens all the time but most people usually run from it or assign blame elsewhere.

Being a "man" about it doesn't bring back a totaled car or damaged car. The fact that OP didn't recognize the driver means that the driver hit and run. Pretty sure thats a dick move that isn't easily corrected with simply "sorry".

Thank you, saying sorry doesn't fix the car. Should have owned up to it. The bus driver could have gotten out and talked to op about it, gave a number and tried to do something about it. But instead he ran away. Not nice!

Agreed! He took the time to realize who you were and tried to make it right! More than what most people would do!

hokie16 13

It probably wasn't a hit and run. If it was, why would he own up to it now? Maybe OP was no where to be found and didn't find out what happened until later. But the bus driver still contacted the correct authorities and turned everything in. You assume too much from a three-sentence FML. :P

This FML deserves a followup. OP could have recognized the bus driver. It's common to come across the people who do you wrong and notice they guiltily shy away from you. It's not that you don't recognize them, but you do take notice of how they act waiting for them to make amends and at least apologize. The bus driver did at least take some accountability and apologized. It won't immediately fix OP's car, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

orbit 22

Being sorry doesn't bring back a car, but insurance does....

When you're in a crash the right thing to do is take responsibility and pay for it, I would have called the police

Where does it say responsibility wasn't taken or the cops weren't called? It happened the day before.

Maybe the cops were called when it happened...?

Shouldn't you have spoken to the bus driver after they hit your car, or were you not in the car when it was hit? Surely you would've recognised them if so. I hope your insurance is covering it for you.

katachristic 19

Agreed, and OP probably was in the car because how else would the driver know who it belonged to?