By crop circle galore - 06/09/2014 02:36 - United States

Today, I had to take bus to work, because yesterday my car was hit by a bus. While standing there, I noticed the driver kept looking back at me every now and then. As I went to get off, he looks at me again and says: "Sorry..." FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 736
You deserved it 3 215

Same thing different taste

Top comments

therealjc_fml 14

He was a man about it though. Didn't hide, took the blame and owned it. If it was a sincere apology accept it. That shit happens all the time but most people usually run from it or assign blame elsewhere.

Comments

hopefully your insurance takes care of the loss. Remember it's called an accident for a reason, otherwise they would call it a purpose. and you could have talked to the bus company about providing free fares while your car was being repaired.

Hopefully *the bus company's insurance takes care of the loss.

Atleast he didn't look at you before you got on and shut the doors to avoid conflict

Well it's fine now right? Well you can now probably get some insurance money now so it's not all too bad

orsombre_fml 11

Shit happens. He was honest with you. Maybe the beginning of a friendship?

AviKerensky 17

I was a city transit bus driver in Los Angeles. Yes, it's the bus company that is ultimately responsible for paying the damages. However, that is only if an investigation shows that it was the bus driver's fault (Legally). If the owner of a car did something stupid (Turning in front of the bus, parking awkwardly, etc), then it's his fault, and the company is not liable. Most buses in this country (The U.S.) have cameras for documentation, and they cover ever square inch of that bus, inside and out. I had two accidents in the four years I spent driving buses. One guy (A college professor, mind you) turned right from the left lane into a driveway in front of me, and I smashed his back end. His fault, we paid nothing. The other one, a lady stopped dead at a green light, and after leaving 50 foot long skid marks on the street, I tapped her rear bumped. tl;dr: Make sure you don't do anything dumb; People get REALLY stupid around buses.

why did he still charge you bus fare? did he let you take the bus ride for free? sorry hardly fix anything.