By broke and hungry - 30/05/2015 18:53 - United States - West New York

Today, I had to skip lunch to work on a big project, so I stopped by a vending machine. The number I wanted was 126, but I accidentally typed 124, using my last dollar. 124 was the only empty row. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 431
You deserved it 5 531

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Later that day he crashed his car costing him 124$. Afterwards, he was watching channel 124 and his cable broke. Finally, his girlfriend called at 1:24 AM and broke up with him.

Usually the vending machine says "Not In Stock" if you choose an empty row. Guess you were that unlucky. Hope you finish the big project soon and have a nice big dinner.

Comments

This has happened to me before when trying to get bottled water.

Your not you when you're hungry, eat a snickers... Oh wait, you can't! Looks like you will have to get through the day as someone else.

But, if it's empty, don't the vending machines usually know when a row is empty? I thought there were sensors and things so stuff like this wouldn't happen.

what kind of vending machine accepts money for an item that's out of stock?!

There are civil wars, genocides, droughts, famines, poverty happening all around the world and we're here sympathizing over people who don't get their Doritos for lunch.

Just because there are worse things happening in the world doesn't invalidate someones sucky day.

doesn't de machine detect it's out of stock on that row and tells you to choose something else?

Compared to the rest of the fmls this one takes the cake in terms of cruelty and triumph of the human spirit

what you just described. thats my only fear