By Caramel - 26/01/2013 11:19 - Serbia

Today, after coming back from work, I panicked as I noticed that my rabbit was having a hard time breathing. So I went straight to the vet. I paid 40€ for him to tell me that he had hiccups. FML
I agree, your life sucks 596
You deserved it 87

Top comments

You are a great owner though. Taking the bunny in right away.

Aww, at least your bunny was okay! I wish more people were like you, OP.

Comments

You are a great owner though. Taking the bunny in right away.

Aww, at least your bunny was okay! I wish more people were like you, OP.

JMichael 25

I think this was one of those better safe than sorry moments.

SteveDudleyUK 10

Never mind, a tasty rabbit stew will make you feel much better.

It's not really being ripped off. An office visit is usually around 40, at my clinic it's 24 bucks. You pay to take the time out of the doctor's day to examine your pet and talk to them about any problem, and then they give you a suggestion about any treatment or to find a diagnosis, etc. It is always better safe than sorry. And veterinary medicine is so much more cheaper in price than human medicine but people always tend to complain about prices without realizing that their insurance pays for most of everything versus with pets people usually don't have insurance (and it's almost pointless to get some, unfortunately)

cootiequeen4444 11

40 Euros is quite a bit more than 24 bucks..

Look at it this way: you paid $40 to make sure your pet was safe and healthy. You are likely a great owner!

At least the little cutie is ok, but you're a good owner, you were concerned and showed your concern.

To be honest, I would do the same with any of my dogs. Yeah, it sucks that you spent money just to find out nothing was wrong, but rather that than wait and end up finding out something WAS. You're a good pet parent. Be proud of yourself.

That sucks, but at least you know it's going to be okay!